xxx
Well I posted here before about a kingston electric guitar. I fixed the parts!
BUT , I looked over my guitar, and I have a crack near the nut, ( tried to bend the string so you guys can see it LOL ) I've been playing since January, ( please suggest some easy punk songs ! ) and when I play chords, I try really hard to make sure I'm not pressing other strings and enough pressure, but I always get a buzzing noise. I played a friends acoustic who's frets are wider and its more better for me to play. Do I need to get my frets wider? Also, my saddle. If you look close enough, I kinda put a saddle that didn't fit and forced it in there Yeah I wasn't suppose to but with a new non rusty saddle I had no choice! Does my guitar need a setup or something? HELP !
Attachments:
photo 2 %282%29.jpg
photo 3.JPG
photo 1 (1).JPG
I wouldn't worry about that crack. As long as it doesn't get any longer, leave it as-is.

As far as suggesting punk songs... Sorry. Not my genre. How about some nice classic rock, country or jazz?
when you fret make sure you are only putting enough pressure on the string so it makes solid contact with the fret wire. If the action is kind of low, then you might just be attacking the strings too aggressively when you pick/strum - especially if you are playing punk rock. The crack in the fingerboard might be annoying, but I don't think it is going to hurt anything.

As for easy punk songs, man just start chugging rapidly changing power chords in easy chord sequences - voila! you're writing your own punk songs!
What's neck warped? And thanks for the band suggestions I love the Ramones and Sex Pistols, I'll check out the Buzzcocks.

I fret enough to make a solid sound, but I still get a buzzing noise :/ And what do you mean by action? Thanks for helping

OH! and what about my saddle? I kinda forced a new saddle in the part cause it didn't fit T.T

Sorry, for the questions T.T still learning guitar
Last edited by Rawwrrx3 at Mar 29, 2012,
The saddle LOOKS fine, but that's all I can say.

To see if the neck is warped, hold the guitar so that the body is away from you and you're looking down the neck. Now turn it sideways. See if there's a curve in the neck.

Action is height from strings to fretboard.
Ah, thanks ! ^_^ should I widen my frets? Even if I play correctly I still get a buzzing noise :/ And when I play chords, My finger tips cover another string, I don't have space enough to play it..
Um, so I can't make my frets have more space? As in a little space out man this is hard to explain but you get it right? lol

Oh and this is the action of my guitar strings
Attachments:
photo (1).JPG
Last edited by Rawwrrx3 at Mar 29, 2012,
Quote by Wisthekiller
I don't think you can widen frets...

This.

Brohymn- by Pennywise
Holiday in Cambodia
Anarchy in the uk
You, Infected- both by bad religion

Quote by Rawwrrx3
Um, so I can't make my frets have more space? As in a little space out man this is hard to explain but you get it right? lol

You want a guitar with a wider string spacing. Not happening on that guitar. Get something like an ibanez, ltd, schecter etc, with a wider nut.
Last edited by StonedColdCrazy at Mar 29, 2012,
Oh okay thanks StoneCold ! ^_^ And I do love Anarchy in the uk and Holiday in Cambodia I'll check out Pennywise and Bad Religion. Can you give me a link to those guitars you mentioned so I can check em out?
Thats a typo actually. 43mm length.

But yeah, look around for some guitars you like (from about any manufacturer) and look at the 'spec'ification sheets for those guitars. Look for a 43mm nut for wider string spacing.

Or just go to a store, may be easier.
43mm spacing is pretty common on guitars. Its a rarely asked question so i doubt anyone will know off the top of their head.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
I'm having trouble understanding what you're saying so im going to assume english isn't your first language. From what I've gathered, in my opinion just keep playing the guitar. It seems like a cheap guitar anyway so don't invest money in fixing it. Just keep playing it and save your money than when you can afford an intermediate level guitar go to guitar center and try a bunch of different guitars out and choose what you feel plays well in your hands.
Ibanez RG1550 Prestige
Schecter C1 Hellraiser
MIJ Ibanez Pro-line 1550
Takamine eg340c
Peavey 6505+ 112 combo
Ibanez Tubescreamer TS- 9
ISP Decimator
MXR M234 Analog Chorus
DeltaLab Digital Delay
Planet Waves Tuner Pedal
POD HD300
Last edited by whyze250f at Mar 29, 2012,
English is my first language actually ._. And That's a good idea, I'll try that. Thanks Whyze
haha sorry just wasn't sure as this is an international forum... No prob
Ibanez RG1550 Prestige
Schecter C1 Hellraiser
MIJ Ibanez Pro-line 1550
Takamine eg340c
Peavey 6505+ 112 combo
Ibanez Tubescreamer TS- 9
ISP Decimator
MXR M234 Analog Chorus
DeltaLab Digital Delay
Planet Waves Tuner Pedal
POD HD300
its coolio thanks for the tip I haven't thought of that ! lol I'll still keep my little Hans (guitar) :3