Why do I come here and constantly see people saying " oh yeah lol, leyenda is easy "

Hearing this forces me to think you are either just a douche or can just BARELY play the song the right way.

Or any other piece for that matter? Does technique and tone not mean anything, or is every single person on this subforum god?
Quote by BoringUsername
Why do I come here and constantly see people saying " oh yeah lol, leyenda is easy "

Hearing this forces me to think you are either just a douche or can just BARELY play the song the right way.

Or any other piece for that matter? Does technique and tone not mean anything, or is every single person on this subforum god?
One might turn the topic into more of a self appraisal. From time to time I ask myself, "why do you come here at all"?

Well, it certainly isn't for any content or purpose to this thread. So, "beats me", is the logical answer.

To answer at least one of your questions, "if you've experienced the Punk era, then tone and technique, while not meaning nothing, don't always account for much".

So, consider a punk style cover of, "Leyenda", whatever that is.
I knew a Leyenda in high school, maybe thats what they are referring to, and yeah LOL, she was easy.
I'm the only player to be sponsered by 7 guitar companies not to use their products.
Quote by BlackbirdPie
I knew a Leyenda in high school, maybe thats what they are referring to, and yeah LOL, she was easy.
Oh yeah, "Princess Leyenda". I get it!
Oh man, you knew Miss "hey princess, why don't you Ley en da back seat" too?
I'm the only player to be sponsered by 7 guitar companies not to use their products.
Quote by BlackbirdPie
Oh man, you knew Miss "hey princess, why don't you Ley en da back seat" too?
Nah, I was always too afraid I'd have to fight Han Solo for her....
Unless they studied classical guitar, I'm guessing that they have poor technique and tone.

Not to blame them, I wouldn't know that if I wasn't studying classical guitar in college, but it most likely wouldn't be easy if they were aware that playing guitar is far more then hitting the right notes.
Quote by BoringUsername

Quote by d1sturbed4eva
Unless they studied classical guitar, I'm guessing that they have poor technique and tone.

Not to blame them, I wouldn't know that if I wasn't studying classical guitar in college, but it most likely wouldn't be easy if they were aware that playing guitar is far more then hitting the right notes.

Wow you both sure know your s***! You should date. You could play "Leyenda" together....
Last edited by Captaincranky at Mar 29, 2012,
Quote by Captaincranky
Wow you both sure know your s***! You should date. You could play "Leyenda" together....

Quote by d1sturbed4eva
Wow, I'm the only one that answered seriously
Follow my logic. "BoringUserName", starts a thread which is nothing more than trolling.
Quote by BoringUsername

In short form, "we're all douches with paranoid delusions of god-hood". (With no talent).

Just for clarification, I don't think you can mask a declarative sentence with a question mark. At least not successfully

If you think that warrants serious answers, then allow me to suggest a new screen name for you, "Nye-Eva"....
Last edited by Captaincranky at Mar 29, 2012,
Quote by d1sturbed4eva
I see how you could of thought that, but I think the TS is confused about how many people claim they can play Leyenda easily.

It is a difficult piece to play:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEfFbuT3I6A

I don't think he is saying that people here are not good at guitar, just not that good
I post here frequently, yet have never heard of, "Leyenda", let alone claim I have it mastered. This is the first thread I've been involved in with the song having been mentioned.

I'm happy if I can remember all the words to "My Back Pages", on any given day. That's always a serendipitous event, because the song contains all 6 chords I know.

There are any number of other tasteful, yet still rather pointed, manners in which the OP could have posed his question.

See, now you've made me stop laughing, and I've run out of puns....
Last edited by Captaincranky at Mar 30, 2012,
Quote by Captaincranky

See, now you've made me stop laughing, and I've run out of puns....

I'm sorry

Let me Leyenda a hand.
Quote by d1sturbed4eva
I see how you could of thought that, but I think the TS is confused about how many people claim they can play Leyenda easily.

It is a difficult piece to play:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEfFbuT3I6A

I don't think he is saying that people here are not good at guitar, just not that good

Your absolutely right and it seems some of us are too quick to jump to conclusions. When I first read the OP I thought to myself, "Ha, troll", but carefully reading between the lines I began to sense the TS's angst.

The most likely senario is that the TS was reading though the posts on this forum, or some forum a couple of months ago (or years ago), and someone claimed a certain song was easy to play, the TS then became indignant, rightly so of course.

Over time, that turned into ire and acrimony, festering and slowly building up, like a long term case of syphilis, until one day he happened to be reading the posts here and it suddenly burst forth in a uncontrollable cataclysmic eruption of infection (Oh the humanity!).

So I apologize to you and the TS for any insensitivity shown on my part.
so, i'm gonna catch the syph by reading this??? i'm still sticking with troll... i've flushed better TS material.
Quote by BlackbirdPie
Your absolutely right and it seems some of us are too quick to jump to conclusions. When I first read the OP I thought to myself, "Ha, troll", but carefully reading between the lines I began to sense the TS's angst.

The most likely senario is that the TS was reading though the posts on this forum, or some forum a couple of months ago (or years ago), and someone claimed a certain song was easy to play, the TS then became indignant, rightly so of course.

Over time, that turned into ire and acrimony, festering and slowly building up, like a long term case of syphilis, until one day he happened to be reading the posts here and it suddenly burst forth in a uncontrollable cataclysmic eruption of infection (Oh the humanity!).
Well, the standard treatment for Syphillus, is about 5,000,000 IU of benzene penicillin "G". Or maybe that's the clap, not sure. In any event, it's not sticking your junk back into the same place you got it in the first place. Nuff said...

Epilogue: "In a soldier's stance I aimed my hand at the mongrel dogs who teach"....... (infer a tacit, "teach.... Leyenda")!

Gosh there are so many situational one liners in "My Back Pages", I can't help but wonder if our OP was listening to that song, over and over again, right before he began his rant....
Then why don't cha, "Leyenda", "My Back Pages". Only 6 chords, 5 if you don't count the suspension. Degree of difficulty, you ask? No comment.....
Quote by Captaincranky
Then why don't cha, "Leyenda", "My Back Pages". Only 6 chords, 5 if you don't count the suspension. Degree of difficulty, you ask? No comment.

Because we all know that amount of chords a song has is related to how difficult it is
Quote by d1sturbed4eva
Because we all know that amount of chords a song has is related to how difficult it is
More often than not, yes. "Pinball Wizard" has a lot of chords, (*). Is it hard to play, or easy? You tell me.

((*) Or perhaps a lot of the same 2 chords at different frets).

Some songs are both easy to play, and difficult at the same. "Comfortably Numb", comes to mind in that category. Everything goes a long real smooth for me, until I hit David Gilmour's solo.

Quote by d1sturbed4eva
I was going to learn ths piece, but now I'm not. Thanks guys for ruining it for me
(Not sure if you're trolling here).

As I said before, I have no opinion on "Leyenda", so don't include me, or anything I've said, as an excuse for not trying to learn it.

If you look to the upside, you learn the song, then you come back and piss everybody off by saying it's, "easy".

After all, as they always say, "Leyenda well is the best revenge"....
Quote by Captaincranky
More often than not, yes. "Pinball Wizard" has a lot of chords, (*). Is it hard to play, or easy? You tell me.

((*) Or perhaps a lot of the same 2 chords at different frets).

Some songs are both easy to play, and difficult at the same. "Comfortably Numb", comes to mind in that category. Everything goes a long real smooth for me, until I hit David Gilmour's solo

Do you know anything about classical guitar? If the answer is no, then you don't have the right to comment on how easy it seems. Also classical guitar is more related to arpeggios, and melody and accompaniment so the amout of chords it has is totally irrelevant.

Quote by Captaincranky
(Not sure if you're trolling here).

Quote by Captaincranky
If you look to the upside, you learn the song, then you come back and piss everybody off by saying it's, "easy".

After all, as they always say, "Leyenda well is the best revenge"....

Will do

I'm actually learning it right now, not spending much time on it because it's outside my skill level and I'm focusing on the pieces that I have to play at my juries in May... It'll probably be done by the end of the year but after then i'll post back in this thread
Ha, if there's one thing you guys should know, its that I'm pretty sarcastic and bitter.

But I was being serious.

Allow me to clarify myself. I have seen multiple RECENT instances where somebody has mentioned Leyenda being easy. But the genreal idea was that I've seen people talking about other pieces that are fairly difficult as if they were easy. So of course my general thought is that said person/people are just awesome and messing around by saying its easy, or they can't actually play it as well as it should be played.

But yes, my main interest has been classical guitar, so I grow a little suspicious of this kind of talk.
Quote by BoringUsername
I have seen multiple RECENT instances where somebody has mentioned Leyenda being easy. But the genreal idea was that I've seen people talking about other pieces that are fairly difficult as if they were easy.
While perhaps not only true, and annoying as well, none of them have been FROM...(wait for it)....ME!

The only thing I'm certain of about "Leyenda", is that it's a veritable goldmine of great pun opportunities.

Everything is hard to play for a guitarist, depending on his or her stage of development. If you're just starting out, "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star", can be daunting.
Quote by d1sturbed4eva
Do you know anything about classical guitar? If the answer is no, then you don't have the right to comment on how easy it seems. Also classical guitar is more related to arpeggios, and melody and accompaniment so the amout of chords it has is totally irrelevant.
Please stop quoting me, and then ranting about how easy I've claimed "Leyenda"is to play. I've made no such statement! I've never heard the piece, let alone try to play it!

I also understand classical guitar. I don't play it, but I understand it. It would be lost on me. I'd only rip the strings off of one, trying to play "Pinball Wizard" with a pick.

As far as "Arpeggios" go, I understand those also. The marching metal children call that, "sweep picking".

Now, if you're done talking down to me, can we move on, and back to the frivolity?

Quote by BoringUsername
Also in case some of you are still to lazy to look it up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qImpg9RXhcM&feature=related

Please don't accuse or confuse laziness with apathy. You should look this up, "DILLIGAF". My priorities and yours simply don't mesh. In fact the longer you go on about it, the more remarks you make about it, the less interested I become......
That's what I'm saying. That piece is hard, and I always see it posted when somebody asks " oh im new to classical whats a good fingerstyle song ".

But yeah, I never accused you of doing it.
Quote by BoringUsername
That's what I'm saying. That piece is hard, and I always see it posted when somebody asks " oh im new to classical whats a good fingerstyle song ".

But yeah, I never accused you of doing it.
Point taken. But, in keeping with one of my earlier observations, you simply could have formed your original statement a bit better, yet retained it's vitriolic intent. I think the pronouns & syntax you chose we're a bit too vague. 'jus sayin'.

You have a valid point, it was a shame to waste it, with an overly inclusive context.

I was a truck mechanic for a while, and the noob always got a clutch job on a Mack tractor. When asked if it was difficult, management, (of course predictably), always answered, "of course not, easy job, just a couple of hours". So, maybe there's a little of that mentality at work here.

Still, ya gotta admit, "Leyenda", is a title chock full of funniness.....
Quote by Captaincranky

Now, if you're done talking down to me, can we move on, and back to the frivolity?

It seemed like you were saying that it is easy because of the amount of chords it has. Well I made my point and I seems that I misunderstand you, so I won't continue this any farther. Sorry about that.

Quote by Captaincranky

Still, ya gotta admit, "Leyenda", is a title chock full of funniness.....

Well, another name for this piece is Asturias.

*waits for more puns*

Last edited by d1sturbed4eva at Mar 30, 2012,
Quote by d1sturbed4eva
Well, another name for this piece is Asturias.

*waits for more puns*

Is that anything like one of these >>> " * "...?
Quote by BoringUsername

If you can't, or are unable to, express your ideas, opinions, or questions in a semi-intelligent adult manner, then don't expect too many mature responses.

If the thought of people claiming to be able to play a song better than they can really bothers you and causes an immature emotional outburst, then you have bigger worries.
Quote by stepchildusmc
so, i'm gonna catch the syph by reading this??? i'm still sticking with troll... i've flushed better TS material.

Nah, no worries, eveyone knows you get it from sitting on dirty guitar strings.
Quote by d1sturbed4eva
I think you mean asterisk

I'm studid, I think you already knew that I just don't know how Asturias and asterisk sound the same besides they both start out with the same 3 letters

Quote by BlackbirdPie

If the thought of people claiming to be able to play a song better than they can really bothers you and causes an immature emotional outburst, then you have bigger worries.

I admit that it kind of bothers me, it kind of reminds me how I was a year ago. I had to play classical pieces for auditions to get into music colleges and I no previous experience with classical guitar, and my guitar teachers didn't know much about it either so they couldn't help me much. I learned the pieces pretty much on my own, and I thought that I could play them well, I could play them up to speed without making mistakes . It wasn't until I didn't get accepted out of 2 of the 3 colleges that I realized that I couldn't play those pieces. The college that accepted me (which I'm currently going to) is a 2 year school, so I have to audition again next year to get into a 4 year school. I pretty much had to re-learn how to play the guitar, but my tone and technique has improved greatly.

That being said, I hard to believe that beginner guitarists can play this piece properly. I'm not sure if it was here, but I read that someone could play it but they had no experience with classical guitar prior to when they learned it.
Quote by d1sturbed4eva
I'm studid, I think you already knew that I just don't know how Asturias and asterisk sound the same besides they both start out with the same 3 letters
I'm sorry, I must be confused. I thought "Asturias", meant "ass to risk", in a Romance language. Although, I'm not certain of exactly which one. Possibly Portuguese.......? Romanian.....? Hey, let me know when I'm getting warm....will ya? Bulgarian isn't a Romance language, is it.....
Quote by Captaincranky
I'm sorry, I must be confused. I thought "Asturias", meant "ass to risk", in a Romance language. Although, I'm not certain of exactly which one. Possibly Portuguese.......? Romanian.....? Hey, let me know when I'm getting warm....will ya? Bulgarian isn't a Romance language, is it.....

I was going to learn Leyenda, but I didn't wasn't to put my asterisk?

That would work, except that's nowheres close to what it is
Quote by d1sturbed4eva
but I didn't wasn't to put my asterisk?
That only flies with English as your 6th language....
Quote by Captaincranky
That only flies with English as your 6th language....

You said that you thought Asturias meant "ass to risk" which is why you said that it sounds like asterisk...

I was just trying to make a pun
Quote by d1sturbed4eva
You said that you thought Asturias meant "ass to risk" which is why you said that it sounds like asterisk...

I was just trying to make a pun
Which you did, quite successfully, I might add.

The screw up was here:
but I didn't wasn't to put my asterisk?
Perhaps this: "but I didn't want to put my asterisk".

I suppose you could compound the humor of the malapropism with the misused verb, "wasn't" as well. Could go either way. You tell me.
I meant to say "want to" instead of "wasn't" and the question mark was asking you if that worked according to what you thought Asturias meant.

Give me a break, I'm tired. I should start reading over my posts before I actually post it