Hi, I don't know much about guitars, but I want to sell my epiphone 100 for a Blacktop Fender. I heard it has a heavier sound than most stratocasters, is it similiar to the sound of an Epiphone? Thanks.
Well its deffinately heavier that a regular strat, thats mainly due to the pickups. You cant really compare a LP and a Strat but it can easily replace a Epi 100
its somewhere between a typical strat and something like an SG (there are still very major differences). anyways, the blacktop will be a much better built and better sounding guitar.
Just speaking from personal preference, I would stay away from Fender and buy a better Epiphone (or a Gibson if you can afford it). Doesn't really matter if it's an LP, SG, Explorer, whatever the hell you want.
Quote by GuitarGod_92
when I die of a brain aneurysm I want it on record that its the film threads fault

Quote by GuitarGod_92
Movies are all bad every last one of them

Quote by yope
Fungus has a right to exist. It's a valid life form.
From experience, I can say that an alder bodied strat with humbuckers is actually a very balanced sounding guitar. I like them a lot.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Great thanks guys it looks like it can replace my Epiphone 100. I just sold it for 200 bucks, I think it was a steal, but this guy knew knew a ton about guitars and apparently is gonna set it up or whatever and resell it for even more. Heavier than a strat, and in between sg and a strat is exactly what I was looking for because I want the clean noise of a stratocaster but I enjoyed the distortion my epiphone could achieve so it's all good I think.
It's gonna be a little less chimey than a regular strat since it has humbuckers in place of single coils.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.