Yep. Got a used Laney Linebacker L100SC for bedroom practice about a year ago and although it's a better amp than I am a guitarist I've been plagued by intermittent problems with it since last summer. The right speaker output cuts out occasionally until the amp is powered off and on again (I tried switching the speakers, so they're not the problem), and it seems like when the chorus effect is turned on and off this ALWAYS happens. I should mention that the right channel doesn't go completely silent - if I unplug the left speaker and turn up the master volume it does make some noise (hopefully this didn't make things any worse, I'm given the impression that this isn't really an issue for transistor amps)

Also, the overdrive channel (switched on with a push-pull knob) occasionally turns on by itself momentarily, which obviously sounds atrocious when I'm playing clean. Similarly, the chorus knob often has to be pulled in and out multiple times before it actually kicks in. Turning the reverb knob just adds noise. Other than these issues all the knobs work fine.

Certainly has me suspecting that the knobs are at fault. Not sure if I can simply buy some potentiometers and solder them in or if I'd need anything more specialized. My knowledge of electronics is pretty much just enough to know to drain caps as to avoid frying myself, but I'm fairly mechanical and can handle basic soldering. Just need guidance to make sure I identify the problem correctly and fix it correctly, I'm kind of inexperienced with this sort of thing.

Thanks.
Most probably the connection at the speaker itself.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
Most probably the connection at the speaker itself.

Would that explain why turning the chorus on and off causes it or why it still keeps some volume, though? I would think a bad connection there would completely kill the sound.