I wrote this song a couple of weeks ago when I was listening to some of my band's material they had written before I joined. It has a lot of influence, mainly from nu metal bands such as Slipknot, etc. and a couple modern rock/metal bands like Avenged Sevenfold, but still has that old rock feel.

Here we roam
Not today
Not tomorrow
Setting our future
Playing a sad, sad song

We lost our home
To ourselves
No one else
Watching the fires
Our minds going slowly along

What has become of us?
A perfect world
Ablaze in our reign of fire

Our flawless lives
Free of sin
Free of hate that
Destroyed our lives

Our struggles never end
As I watch my people
Fall before my eyes

Life shall never send
A perfect truth
An end, a means to their suffering

What has become of us?
A perfect world
Ablaze in our reign of fire

Our flawless lives
Free of sin
Free of hate that
Destroyed our lives

Will I ever see my home again?

This song is so greatly influenced as well by the cold war, mainly in the late 60's around the Cuban missile crisis. It is probably pretty obvious what it is about
Minecraft: Sonic
League of Legends: CinoSRelliK

Currently Playing/listening to/Reading:

Kerbal Space Program,
Binding of Isaac
Opeth - Orchid
S. by Doug Dorst
The Martian by Andy Weir
Last edited by S0n1c '97 at Mar 30, 2012,
Not really, just like some of the more modern metal bands like Avenged Sevenfold. Though it appears as I did (Will fix), I didn't mean to make a direct comparison.

Kerbal Space Program,
Binding of Isaac
Opeth - Orchid
S. by Doug Dorst
The Martian by Andy Weir
a sad, sad dong! fantastic choice of words.

well put together, even though it lacks something special.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Playing a sad, sad dong
Um...how does one play a dong? Do you mean song? Or even gong? Either way, dong makes no sense, and of the two, song makes more sense than gong.

Edit: I understand that dong works, but really...I think a lot of people will either hear that as "song" or read it and go, "Haha, he's playing with his dong". I'd choose a different word.
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at Mar 30, 2012,
Quote by S0n1c '97
Not really, just like some of the more modern metal bands like Avenged Sevenfold. Though it appears as I did (Will fix), I didn't mean to make a direct comparison.

Don't worry about it man it's cool!
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Um...how does one play a dong? Do you mean song? Or even gong? Either way, dong makes no sense, and of the two, song makes more sense than gong.

Edit: I understand that dong works, but really...I think a lot of people will either hear that as "song" or read it and go, "Haha, he's playing with his dong". I'd choose a different word.

Just noticed that! Sorry about that. I was kind of tired when I typed this. Will fix.

Kerbal Space Program,
Binding of Isaac
Opeth - Orchid
S. by Doug Dorst
The Martian by Andy Weir