Poll: Trolling = Bullying?
Poll Options
View poll results: Trolling = Bullying?
Yes on 242
11 22%
No on 242
38 78%
Voters: 49.
Well yes it enrages many and gives us laughs but overall would you consider it to be a form of bullying? Of course the majority of trolling on things like 'Most Beautiful Teenager Competition' is bullying but there are also non bullying trolls on there as well.

See you next Wednesday
Last edited by Z0S07657 at Mar 30, 2012,
No.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Persistent trolling of a singled-out individual? Yes

Forum trolling? No
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by Z0S07657

See you next Wednesday

C U Next Tuesday
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
by definition I don't think so, but a lot of the time people use the guise of 'trolling' as an excuse to be a ****ing asshole so the line is usually pretty thin
Quote by IronTallicaDeth
Would you consider Bullying a form of trolling???

Possibly.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Hell no.
Thor! Odin's son Protector of mankind Ride to meet your fate Your destiny awaits Thor! Hlödyn's son Protector of mankind Ride to meet your fate Ragnarök awaits

E-ARCH NEMESIS of girlgerms007
Quote by IronTallicaDeth
Would you consider Bullying a form of trolling???
Would you consider Bulling as a combination of the two?
ggg1 ggg3

Depends on the severity in my opinion. Most of the time, I troll only to have good ol' clean fun, When trolling get serious, that's when it can form into bullying. Again, that's just my opinion.
If you're serious about needed some Design or Motion Graphics done for your band, youtube, or literally anything else you should email me at CoreGraphics@live.com. My services are quite affordable for the quality I deliver.

Youtube: CoreGraphics
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
Depends on what kind of trolling we're talking about here.

This

Quote by goldmember1217
by definition I don't think so, but a lot of the time people use the guise of 'trolling' as an excuse to be a ****ing asshole so the line is usually pretty thin

+1

Quote by kcorkcar
Depends on the severity in my opinion. Most of the time, I troll only to have good ol' clean fun, When trolling get serious, that's when it can form into bullying. Again, that's just my opinion.

This
"You're not hardcore unless you live hardcore"
I don't even know how I want to define bullying. I think the term is used too broadly for my taste these days. It has turned into a boogey-man buzz word that doesn't mean a whole hell of a lot and ironically obscured some real and harmful acts pf bullying with its new-found ambiguity and semantic broadness.
I'll put down my troll guns for a second.

Cyber-bullying is malicious, whereas trolling is just good fun. Not only that, trolling is necessary in today's world IMO, because it teaches you not to take everything on forums and whatnot so fuckin' seriously, because you never know if the person you're raging at is just screwing around with you.

edit:
Quote by Z0S07657
Of course the majority of trolling on things like 'Most Beautiful Teenager Competition' is bullying but there are also non bullying trolls on there as well.

Oh my god, I had some fat girl so pissed on one of those when I kept asserting that pregnant women are in no way beautiful but are in fact bitchy individuals with potbellies.
Last edited by -[NiL]- at Mar 30, 2012,
i just read a brilliant piece of trolling on one of those

"you look like you were conceived through anal"

Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...
Quote by StewieSwan

Forum trolling? No

This. It isn't inherently bullying, no more bullying that an innocent prank or sarcasm, but said pranks can be taken too far.
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Quote by Thrashtastic15
no because im not a little bitch

This exactly
Quote by Owenlee55
Well, my penis smells of fecieas and my anus smells of semen...
There's a line between trolling and bullying. Trolling is a one act thing, while bullying is a continuous act. Also, Bullying implies that the one being bullied is "under" the bully, but when you troll someone the hierarchy of power doesn't matter (you do it for the lulz).

That's only my opinion though. Feel free to squash it.

GRAY RAINBOW

I'm probably closer to being a spammer than what certain sections of the media consider a 'troll'.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by StewieSwan

Forum trolling? No

This^.

It'd be a little silly to consider forum trolling as bullying because the troll is invariably outnumbered by more intelligent people and is often made to look like an idiot. It's more a case of someone just making a fool of themselves than bullying.
yes because you cant really tell if the person is trolling you or not. trolling is really dumb sometimes. yeah when its obvious sarcasm its funny, like when people say the beatles suck. but sarcasm is one thing, online bullying is another. just because youre "trolling" doesnt make it ok when you can really hurt someones feelings. yeah its up to you to not be a pussy and dont let online words get to you, but its also not cool to outright make fun of people, to an extent.
Quote by SlackerBabbath
It'd be a little silly to consider forum trolling as bullying because the troll is invariably outnumbered by more intelligent people and is often made to look like an idiot. It's more a case of someone just making a fool of themselves than bullying.

Wat. Wouldn't the people being trolled be the ones who are making a fool of themselves? Especially falling for the troll making a bullshit post in the first place, and end up raging over it.
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm