I'm a senior in High School presently and I'm taking a dual-credit Anthropology course. It's interesting and I enjoy the class, but it's college level work, which at this point, I just don't have the patience for. Should I drop the class? inb4 get over it, college is tough, etc. because I had an absolutely hellish junior year and I just want to relax this year.
Quote by WCPhils
My prayers are with you and your balls TS

Quote by jetfuel495
I ran out of chicken nuggets.

When will this misery end.
Anthropology? Man **** that shit.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
Are you planning on going to college? If so, trust me, you'll want to relax a hell of a lot more then than you do now.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
If it's an AP course that you can get credit for, then no.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
i took a dual enrollment english class my senior year. it sucked while i did it and i wanted to drop it everyday but it was well worth it looking back on it. it has made my first year of college much easier. it also semi prepares you for the level of work you need to do in college. there is a huge difference between the amount of work done in high school and the amount of work done in college. i think you should stick it out.
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
If you are getting college credit (and plan to go to college) then just suck it up and finish. It might seem like hell now, but I can almost guarantee that it will be harder in college. Otherwise, do whatever you want.
Quote by Butt Rayge
Pretty sure Jesus was decaffeinated.

I'm just a hedonist without happiness
You don't relax at school. Relax during the summer.

First year university, I got screwed because my university went on strike for four months, and when we finally all came back, we had finals/midterms the week right after. We all got destroyed.

What did I do second year since I got destroyed first year? I took seven courses at once to fix my average and to get into the program I wanted.

Once I got into my program, what did I do? Took seven again in third year. Now I'm back on the honors list.

What did I do in fourth year? Why, took seven yet again, so I can finish within one more year where, you guessed it, seven more courses.

Relaxing in school calls for laziness. Never be lazy in school. It's about challenging yourself, not kicking your feet up. Do it.
Quote by chriscobonham
I just want to relax this year.

Too late, your years of relaxing are behind you. You work now.
OUT OF ORDER
Last edited by loose bowels at Mar 30, 2012,
If you are going to fail the class, drop it, but if not keep the class we all have to take a few painful courses
Quote by Xiaoxi
If it's an AP course that you can get credit for, then no.

This

I just took AP English and a bunch of easy classes my senior year. Good stuff, and I came out with 4 credits in English (along with AP Calc I took my junior year).

But anthro does suck. I took an intro anthro course in college as a gen ed (which I just realized hasn't transferred and may have effectively just taken three credits off my grad date...).
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Last edited by snipelfritz at Mar 30, 2012,
Quote by loose bowels
To late, your years of relaxing are behind you. You work now.

Pretty much...

I was really lazy in highschool, and didn't really need to do much back then tbh. And then I started uni and completely screwed it up cause I wasn't able to handle all the work. So working a lot in high school is actually good, only to get you used to working harder.
Quote by flxjhnlrssn
Pretty much...

I was really lazy in highschool, and didn't really need to do much back then tbh. And then I started uni and completely screwed it up cause I wasn't able to handle all the work. So working a lot in high school is actually good, only to get you used to working harder.

THIS.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Enjoy an athletic, drug-free, family-and-friend-heavy, high school experience. Save the beer, pot, and college courses for college.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
I'm taking an anthropology class right now where everyone else dropped. It's just me and the professor talking about Afghanistan. And guess what? He dropped the final exam and all writing requirements. As long as I just do the readings, I'm getting an A.

This has little parallel to your situation, I just felt like tossing that piece of information to the Pit, like hitting a golf ball into the ocean.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
If dropping the class would not affect your university applications in any way then just do it and give your self what is probably a well-deserved break.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Dude, dual AP credit translates to placing out of equivalent college classes and starting your college career with a few credits. Trust me, anthropology will not be fun in college and you are better off knocking it out in high school while the class is still FREE.
People don't really go to heaven when they die. They're taken to a special place and burned - Sherlock Holmes

Your authority is not recognized in Fort Kickass!

It's not like bullshit, more like poetry.
Quote by chriscobonham
I'm a senior in High School presently and I'm taking a dual-credit Anthropology course. It's interesting and I enjoy the class, but it's college level work, which at this point, I just don't have the patience for. Should I drop the class? inb4 get over it, college is tough, etc. because I had an absolutely hellish junior year and I just want to relax this year.
If you're doing well and you'll get a credit when you complete the course, then just complete the course.

As mentioned previously, chillin' time is over.
ggg1 ggg3

Quote by Pagan_Poetry
You don't relax at school. Relax during the summer.

First year university, I got screwed because my university went on strike for four months, and when we finally all came back, we had finals/midterms the week right after. We all got destroyed.

What did I do second year since I got destroyed first year? I took seven courses at once to fix my average and to get into the program I wanted.

Once I got into my program, what did I do? Took seven again in third year. Now I'm back on the honors list.

What did I do in fourth year? Why, took seven yet again, so I can finish within one more year where, you guessed it, seven more courses.

Relaxing in school calls for laziness. Never be lazy in school. It's about challenging yourself, not kicking your feet up. Do it.

Sounds leisurely, I've never taken less than 9 classes in a year and it's usually more like 12.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Quote by )v(egaFan90
Dude, dual AP credit translates to placing out of equivalent college classes and starting your college career with a few credits. Trust me, anthropology will not be fun in college and you are better off knocking it out in high school while the class is still FREE.

This

chill time is over OP. Deal with it.
People in the pit take my post way too seriously.

MyAnimeList
7-String Legion

If you have a question PM me and I will always get back to you.
Quote by soul_power
Sounds leisurely, I've never taken less than 9 classes in a year and it's usually more like 12.

Really? I say how many I take to people here and they freak out asking how I manage.
I guess it depends on the university?

Quote by ErikLensherr
I'm taking an anthropology class right now where everyone else dropped. It's just me and the professor talking about Afghanistan. And guess what? He dropped the final exam and all writing requirements. As long as I just do the readings, I'm getting an A.

This has little parallel to your situation, I just felt like tossing that piece of information to the Pit, like hitting a golf ball into the ocean.

I thought they had to close the course if this kind of thing happened. Damn, you lucked out!
Personally, I'd do it and think of it as training for college.

GRAY RAINBOW

Isn't senior year almost over anyway? I graduate high school this May 21st. Just finish the class, man. I'm taking 4 AP classes this year to start college with as many credits as possible, cause shit will be expensive starting this fall.
ಥ_ಥ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ೃ ·ಏ· ಢ_ಢ

E-Married to the sexy DarkConcertine

and Jon777 .

Quote by mcjosh
Isn't senior year almost over anyway? I graduate high school this May 21st. Just finish the class, man. I'm taking 4 AP classes this year to start college with as many credits as possible, cause shit will be expensive starting this fall.

Exactly what I was going to say, and I'm surprised it took this long before someone said it.

You have at most what, 2 months of school left? Dropping it now makes no sense. You'll have free time over the summer.

The more college credits you can get going into it the better. I wish my crappy high school had more options; I know a couple freshmen who have just as many credits as me and this is my 5th semester of college and it sucks.
I have a huge fear if rays.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Really? I say how many I take to people here and they freak out asking how I manage.
I guess it depends on the university?

Yeah I'm sure the university has a lot to do with it. I'm guessing you're on the semester system? We're on the quarter system with 3 quarters being a typical school year and then there's summer quarter (which I don't take classes during). Basically that means each quarter only lasts 10 weeks but on the flip side getting through 3-4 courses and the related textbooks in 10 weeks is kind of a bitch.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.