Hello! I am an 99% Rhythm player & 1% Solo guitarist. I play allot with palm muting. Is it posible to play a Floyd Rose Guitar with palm muting? can i rest my arm on the tremolo while playing? I am asking because i realy like the look of the FR guitars.
you can play a floyd with palm muting as long as you dont press to hard on it
and you can rest your hand on it...but again as long as you dont press to hard on it or else youll knock it out of tune

now having said this
if youre just getting a floyd for th elooks and dont expect to be doing lots of wammy you block it so that it doesnt move but you still get the floyd looks and the locking parts for thetuning stability
Don't bother with a floyd if you're not going to use it. If anything, they make the guitar sound worse because a huge chunk of body wood has to be taken out of the back of the guitar in order for the tremolo system to be there. If anything, fixed bridge guitar give a greater tension on the strings. But that depends on your scale length, tuning and string gauge.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Mar 30, 2012,
You can always block the trem to make it effectively a hardtail.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

I would seriously reconsider buying a guitar with a floyd rose trem solely for how it looks. Having a double locking trem has a lot of disadvantages: tuning and changing strings are much more laborious, they generally increase the price of the guitar, and they tend to make the guitar sound thinner, just to name a few. Now this may all be worth it for you, and if so great, but for me I would much rather have a good fixed bridge guitar for rhythm playing.
DO NOT BUY A FLOYD FOR LOOKS!!!! floyds are alot more work than traditional trems, and they are definitely not worth the extra effort unless you're going to use them regularly.
Quote by RSmith8917
I would seriously reconsider buying a guitar with a floyd rose trem solely for how it looks. Having a double locking trem has a lot of disadvantages: tuning and changing strings are much more laborious, they generally increase the price of the guitar, and they tend to make the guitar sound thinner, just to name a few. Now this may all be worth it for you, and if so great, but for me I would much rather have a good fixed bridge guitar for rhythm playing.

This! Floyds are a royal pain in the ass to re-string. Also, going to a new tuning requires opening the locking nut. Another pain.
Die troll

Dean VMNTX (EMG set)
Peavey 6505+ 112
+ a buncha teh pedlulz
Floyd's are a pain in the ass. My ESP has one, and fortunately I bought it used and it was already blocked. Yes you can palm mute, but if you aren't planning on using it don't get one. I have one, and I would use it but every time I do it throws the whole thing out of tuning as well (probably a set up problem, it didn't always do it).

I really wish certain guitar companies (ESP, BC Rich, cough) would deliver more for the player that loves the sound of their mid-price models, but don't want the hassle of an FR.
ESP F-200 with Floyd Rose>

Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Electro Harmonix Pulsar Tremolo
BBE Boosta Grande
Fender Pedal Tuner>

Peavey Valveking 1x12
I play rhythm almost exclusively and three of my guitars, including my favourite for rhythm, have Floyds. In fact I prefer Floyds for rhythm playing and fixed bridges for the rare times I do play lead. I hate not being able to do double stops when I play lead, so floating and soft-action bridges are out. But bar vibrato with chords? Great for rhythm.

If you don't like it, it's easy enough to block. But I'd suggest you set it up to dive-only, see how that goes. It's pretty nice to add some light vibrato to your chord work.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.