I'm after some T Top pickups for my Les Paul. Trying to get close to a Jimmy Page sound and this is the pickup he used in the bridge position of his Les Paul all through his Zeppelin career. I've found one, at a very reasonable price. However, the guy seems to reckon it's output is 15.7k on a multi meter. That's really hot isn't it? Isn't a Burstbucker something like 7.5 - 8.0k or there abouts?
T-Top should be around 7.5k

Find a late '60s T-Top, Gibson changed the design a few times during the '60s-'80s.

A T-Top is a really bright pickup, so Jimmy used to use the middle position a lot on his les paul. That was a big part of his sound, using a lower output bridge pickup with a slightly hotter neck pickup.
Last edited by al112987 at Mar 30, 2012,
Quote by al112987
T-Top should be around 7.5k

Find a late '60s T-Top, Gibson changed the design a few times during the '60s-'80s.

Thought so. He's selling it for £40. It's a 70's or 80's. He doesn't know. Sounds a bit dodgy as if what you say is true, then this pickup is twice the output and I've been looking on eBay and they're going for considerably more...
I don't think it is a T-top either way. I don't think they ever got that hot. A '60s Ttop should runa few hundred bucks.