I'm currently saving (and selling stuff) for a used rg8570.
Just wondering if its really going to be that much better then my rg1570, considering its more than twice the (again used) price.
Its in another country so, I cant play it before buying.

So asthetics aside, is it really worth the $$?
Yes.
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
Tom 1.0 did..he may still have it.
Quote by Pan-Tallica
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
But theres no reason why i cant be free like a raspberry stuck to the back of a horny elephants ass.

This is maybe the worst comparison in the history of comparisons.
Quote by StonedColdCrazy
I'm currently saving (and selling stuff) for a used rg8570.
Just wondering if its really going to be that much better then my rg1570, considering its more than twice the (again used) price.
Its in another country so, I cant play it before buying.

So asthetics aside, is it really worth the $$?

I have the JCustom 8527 (7 string), in Vintage Violin finish, which doesn't have the middle SC of the 8570. Looks better than what you see in pics and plays even better if you like the Wizard neck.

I've got that exact same guitar, and it is nothing short of amazing.
It is better than my RGA Prestige. Not much, but in pretty much every aspect it's just a slight touch better. Everything feels that little bit smoother and nicer.
The neck is the best I've ever played as well for that matter.
Things with strings:
Ibanez J.Custom, Prestiges, RG8, SR5 bass etc
LP's, Strat, Tele
Noiseboxes:
ENGL Retro Tube 50
5150 III 50W
Orange Terror Bass
i've tried a couple. they were very nice.

price at the moment has gone crazy with the strong yen, though.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by BMGuru
There about equal to jems its say maybe a slight step up

JEM's are nice, but compared to a J Custom, there is no contest. Play an RG ART or RG Egypt and then tell me they are equal.
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
I had one.

Best guitar I owned bar my old JP6.

Best things out there if that is your fancy.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb