Yeah so I have a bass guitar, hence the bass forums, anyways Drop D tuning makes the E string considerably looser, any suggestions? If I up it to a .110 will that make me not able to use that string as an E?
dropped tunings will always make the strings considerably looser. try adjusting the action if that's the problem and if not, it's just a matter of getting used to. does the string consequently go out of tune really quickly?
not on topic, but quicky: which is the guage limit for E standard? I mean, how thick can the strings be without putting your bass at risk...
Quote by FatalGear41
When you break a bass string, that snapping sound is the sound of six dollars going down the crapper.

Sterling Ray 35
Hartke Ha3500 head - Gallien Krueger 212MBE cab
Tech 21 VT Bass
Zoom b2
Quote by Sudaka
not on topic, but quicky: which is the guage limit for E standard? I mean, how thick can the strings be without putting your bass at risk...

depends on the neck

there was a guy a while back who claimed to use (something along the lines of) a .170 B string with a .130 E etc.

I called him out on it and he got a little too defensive, so I have no idea if it was true or not
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think