I am in dilemma. I have a 6505 112 and as people know the 6505 series do not have the best clean channel. I use the lead channel as my main sound and the rhythm channel as an overdrive sound. My problem comes in when I want a clean sound. Because I use both channels I don't have another channel for cleans. Is there a pedal that I can use or a multi effects processor that will let me bypass my preamp section and make a clean channel without coloring my tone I already have from the amp. I need two clean sounds. One dry clean with no effects and another with a chorus . This has been puzzling me for a long time can someone help me. By the way I still use other pedals in the effects loop of the amp and I run my ns-2 using the four cable method.
A compressor pedal might help a bit.
But honestly, you probably want to get another amp for cleans and just run both.
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
I figured I would have to do that. I was just wondering if there was a way without having another amp, asI do have another one I just did not want to lug it around to live shows.
Pretty much any MFX out there with the ability to 4 cable connect can do what you want.

Alternatively, you can set your rhythm channel to clean, and use a dist. pedal for your crunch.

With an MFX, you can put in some reverb and chorus to make the 6505 cleans sound good, and then use a dist. model to get some crunch.

So yeah, a few different things you can do. What it comes down to now is, how much do you have to spend on an MFX?
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
well I can't really go over $300 so im not really sure about what I can get. I have heard of the 4 cable method but I was confused on how you switched between the mfx preamp and the amps preamp.
I set my rhythm channel to pretty low gain; 3ish. And with my Boss FX-6, I can switch the crunch on and off with my foot. I'll also kick the TS-9 on but for that crunch sound I almost prefer without. Also, I installed a JJ 12AT7 in the V1 position of my amp, and it improved the cleans, along with a few other things.

Most of all, do you run a chorus or reverb on your cleans? I run a Hall of Fame reverb pedal at all times when I'm playing clean, and it has the capability to add modulation/chorus as well. The cleans are beautiful -- no exaggeration, and I've played Fenders and such. Originally, I tried a chorus pedal on its own to improve the clean tone, and it did thicken/warm it up a little, but it didn't quite give it the 'atmosphere' I wanted. So then I tried the Hall of Fame pedal for reverb and it has a few subtle modulation effects in addition to the reverb which really makes it sing. It doesn't sound so much like an effect as it just makes the tone sound way more lush and warm...in a huge cathedral.
Atmospheric dark metal w/ black and death metal influences:
(My Soundcloud page):

Pestilential Flood
Last edited by KailM at Mar 31, 2012,
It might sound counter intuitive, but try running a distortion pedal on top with the gain all the way back. I can't remember where, but I heard that you can clean stuff up a bit with that, particularly with the Boss MT-2, if you happen to have one.

Beyond that, just pick up a Roland Cube. Under 300 bucks, and the cleans are fantastic, IMO. They're not that heavy, and you can just A/B it through your cab eventually. Also, more recent Cubes have a SOLO function that will let you dial up separate tones for each channel, so you could set up a clean/chorus pretty easy.
A compressor pedal might help a bit.
But honestly, you probably want to get another amp for cleans and just run both.
i've got the 6505+ combo and if you get one of these... http://www.peavey.com/products/accessories/footswitches/index.cfm/item/116797/index.html
the button on the left switches between lead channel and rhythm, whilst the button on the right switches your rhythm channel between crunch and clean. effectively turning your amp into a 3 channel affair.
whether this is sufficient for your use of cleans, i don't know, but i dial in the rhythm channel for my clean tone and have a chorus pedal in my board to add when needed. by doing this gives me a nice crunch as well when i switch that on, but i also have an overdrive pedal in my board to boost that if i want a tone that sits between my crunch and my lead channel
I use this exact pedal and have done since i got the amp last year and it's a must have for this amp!

Chapman ML2 x 2
Dean Razorback Slime Bumblebee
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epi Les Paul Custom (EMG 81/85)
ESP Ltd EC-256 (SH4jb/SH2n)
Jackson DKMG (EMG 81/60)
Epi SG Iommi
Squier Classic Vibes 50's Tele
Ovation MT-37
Peavey 6505+ 112
I think you can afford a POD HD300. Maybe a better one used. I'd recommend the Pod HD over any other mfx out there right now though. It sounds really good.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X