Right now I have a Jet City JCA22h. It's a great head, but I'm just finding that the cleans on it aren't what I want them to be, and the lead channel is too modern-metal sounding for me. I'm open to the idea of a tube swap if that might make a significant difference (it has the stock 5x12AX7 Preamp / 2x EL84 Power setup. I know absolutely nothing about tubes so I don't know how different tubes would sound.) So heres all the info, and when a sound clip of what I'm striving towards.

Budget-Preferably $500 or less (Less is always better)

Generes-Modern worship/ambient/leads, occasional blues and rock. Possibly starting a country/bluegrass-ish band soon too.

New or used-either, as long as I can find it.

Home or gig-Lots of gigging, but the ability to sound decent at lower volumes would be a plus (but not at all a necessity).

Closest city-Lincoln and Omaha Nebraska

Current gear-signature

Other things: I would prefer a head, but will look at a combo if it's really worth it. Also, I play with many different delays and reverbs, so an effects loop is really prefered.

I'd love a Peavey Classic 50 head, but they're nearly impossible to find it seems. I've also considered a Bugera V55 head, or an Egnater Tweaker 12. Vox seems like it would work for me, but they don't seem to have any heads in my price range. A good quick clip of the sound I'm going for is the lead part at 2:25 in this song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9zEjO-7Gf8

Thanks!
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
Quote by Wisthekiller
Either go for the Tweaker or switch out the tubes for some lower gain ones (much less costly).

Is there some kind of "Tubes for dummies" sticky/website/etc? Because I know nothing besides the names, I have no clue what the differences are. I'm going to start googling that now.....
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
Lots of good comparisons on Eurotubes as well.
Ibanez RGT6 EXFX
Fender American Stratocaster
Epiphone Slash Goldtop Les Paul
Carvin DC-135
Washburn G-5V
Taylor 214CEG

EVH 5150 III
Peavey 6505+
Line 6 Flextone III
50s Valco Supro
Google "Doug's Tubes" in Long Island. Call him and ask him. That is one very helpful guy.