I'm looking at new pickups for my 7-string at some point in the future. I'm thinking a SD Invader SH-8 for the bridge, what would be a good pickup to go with that? I know you can get the set of a bridge and neck pickup of the Invaders, are there any individual pickups that go well in a versatility sense?
Well I am a Dimarzio person. I know they make 7 string pickups, I would check out their website and look around and see what you can find.
What kind of change do you want? More output, warmer, brighter...?
What type of wood is your guitar.

I have a SD invader in my Alder Strat. It's a great high output pickup. It's pretty strong in the mids and highs. If you put it in a warmer tonewood it'll be pretty well balanced.
if you gonna buy for six strings
the best config you can scoree is
Dean DMt HWS and duncan invader
Quote by hatecrimes666
if you gonna buy for six strings
the best config you can scoree is
Dean DMt HWS and duncan invader

That combination might be your favourite, there is nothing wrong with that, but you can't call them ''the best''. It bugs me when people say things like that, no offence intended.

Personally, I've never really got along with Seymour Duncan pickups, especially the Invaders. I would recommend Dimarzio as being the best balance of sound and cost. Although if I had the money for it, I'd probably fit nearly all my guitars with various BKP's in an instant.

It's hard to recommend specific pickups without knowing more about what Staceap wants from them, and the guitar they'll be going into though.
I deeply regret the 6661 in my username. Siiiigh. Damn you, 14 year old me, you edgy little bastard.