You may just find yourself banned for advertising, btw. Ill edit something more constructive into this post later.

edit:
Just on the presentation (Im not gonna comment on the content, other than to say that you explain your thoughts clearly (although some here may disagree with your thoughts on, say, modes)), I think you should find a better way to record the audio, not using the camera mic. Perhaps a tie mic for your voice and a mic for your guitar, things will sound fuller. Not a big thing, but it should make it sound a tad more professional.
Recording in your living room does not look professional either - I saw a video earlier of a guy who sat on a stool in front of a green sheet which he used as a green screen, altering the image so that the background was solid black. His playing and explanation was amateurish but I was struck by how the green screen (as cheesy as it might seem) gave a more professional impression (and I assume you are looking to project professionalism).
I would also try framing the image a little bit better - the vertical quarter of the screen at the left is being wasted and we dont need to see your legs, so you could afford to zoom in a bit.
Another thing that many guitar related channels tend to do is compose a short piece of music (basically a jingle) to play at the beginning of every video over a card displaying your web address and stuff.

editedit:

Personally, If I were to start video tutorials I would start off by making a series on how to play popular songs or riffs (in whatever style is your preference) rather than concepts.
Once people have learned how to play real music from you and trust that you know your stuff they are more likely to sit through a 20 minute explanation of a theory concept. I wouldn't jump straight in with really general (although undoubtedly more useful) stuff like that, and your going to have to do more advertisement to get people to listen to you when there are plenty other vids of people covering similar stuff to this, whereas if people want to learn X song or riff and you have one of the only tutorials for that song then they will watch and subscribe to you. Just a thought, I dont know what your youtube aspirations are anyway.
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Last edited by Hydra150 at Mar 30, 2012,
Thanks Hydra
I was judging the audio was 'good enough', but will now reconsider. I have a Boss Micro BR that I could use, so I'll try that on the next one.
I have had it in mind to do this for quite some time but always ended up putting it off because when I considered how to do it well, it seemed like too much work.....so I have bitten the bullet and gone simple - and somewhat amateurish - simply to make it viable with the amount of time required. I don't script or plan - just sit in front of the camera and rattle it all off with lots of pauses while I think what I want to say next - and then edit out all the pauses. I'm really pleased you didn't comment negatively on all the skips, which are the pauses I've edited out, as I'm judging that indicates that they are not too disruptive to the viewing experience.
Thanks again, I take on all you say and hope to get a few more comments, as it is feedback I'm after here - not advertising.
What is a scale? How to work out scales.. What chords to use.. What are modes & where to find them.. ALL CAN BE FOUND AT www.robinmay.co.uk

PLUS - free backing tracks!!
Quote by Robin May
Thanks Hydra
I was judging the audio was 'good enough'

I'm really pleased you didn't comment negatively on all the skips, which are the pauses I've edited out

Im sure the audio is 'good enough', but some lessons have much better audio - as I said I dont know your aspirations for these videos so I was just pointing out something that could be improved.

And I did notice the skips, I was going to say that they would look better if you used some kind of merge/overlap effect as a transition (no idea what to call it, but I have noticed it in some vids as looking rather sleek), and the only problem with the flow that these skips presented was that in some cases you should have left a slightly longer pause for it to seem more natural.
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Thanks Hydra =:]
What is a scale? How to work out scales.. What chords to use.. What are modes & where to find them.. ALL CAN BE FOUND AT www.robinmay.co.uk

PLUS - free backing tracks!!