i was on ebay and saw somebody selling a dual rec for 300$. had pictures and it didnt look bad at all. im thinking this has to be a scam right? cause if not ill be owning it
it has 2 and a half days left on it

edit: or depending on the one you're looking at, 8 days.
Last edited by rokket2005 at Mar 30, 2012,
Quote by rokket2005
it has 2 and a half days left on it

+1

lrn2eBay.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
eBay - "Oh no, my crap is broken. Oh well, someone else's problem now!"

I've bought a few things on eBay. The "awesome deals" turned out to be faulty equipment. Craigslist might be sketchier, but at least there you can usually meet up and test out equipment before you buy it.
its probably an auction and not the buy it now option.
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
Quote by CV334
eBay - "Oh no, my crap is broken. Oh well, someone else's problem now!"

I've bought a few things on eBay. The "awesome deals" turned out to be faulty equipment. Craigslist might be sketchier, but at least there you can usually meet up and test out equipment before you buy it.

Man, I've heard a ton of horror stories about this recently. I've never had an issue but I rarely buy actual gear on eBay. Usually just rare parts.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by mmolteratx
Man, I've heard a ton of horror stories about this recently. I've never had an issue but I rarely buy actual gear on eBay. Usually just rare parts.

Really?

I buy pretty much everything on eBay now. Unless I can get it significantly cheaper on the forums, eBay is usually cheaper, plus I save up money in eBay Bucks

Usually the people on their can't pack for crap, and they always use UPS, but I've yet to have an issue with something arriving broken thus far

eBay gives quite a lot of protection to their buyers, so even if something does arrive in a condition not described, you should easily be able to get your money back.

At any rate, closing this thread, because the TS clearly doesn't know how eBay works and doesn't realize you can't just "buy" the amp for $300, you've gotta wait until the auction ends, at which point, it will go up to probably $1000 or more. On the rare occasion that you do find a Recto for $300 on eBay with a Buy It Now, and it works, you might as well go for it; the parts alone are worth more.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com