there's something iv noticed about distortion overdrive and fuzz pedals. they never sound as full as my amps distortion. this annoys the shit out of me. iv got a 50w laney lc50 class A/B valve amp its got an beutifull clean tone and the dirty channel nails the medium heavy rock tone that i will be using most of the time as my distortion. but iv got several distortion pedals and they dont have the same amount of power as the amp. im by no means an expert and am still finding my sound but il just list my current set up

amp

boss tuner

exotic effects BB preamp (for that tube screamer vibe to give my clean a bit of grit)

Big Muff Pie (for super harsh fuzz this pedals a one trick pony but i love what it does)

Boss Ds1 (for 90s grunge)

Metal Muff (the most versatile metal pedal iv used i can adjust it to most things i dont play metal often the type of metal i play is along the lines of deftones this also gets used in my hardcore punk band)

Tc electronics flashback (amazing pedal)

EHX Compressor

Whammy pedal ,

beringer eq (im broke)

guitar

so i have all that one the one board and i use it for all my projects the problem is my amp makes all my other pedals sound like ass. is there a way to make this better or is that just the way things are with pedals vs amps ect. i want a versatile sound but i dont want to be that guy who takes 4 amps the a gig. i just want one. i know my pedals aren't the best brands in the world. but iv tried higher end brands and its the same.am i just being really anal? or is there truth to my point.

if someone who knows about electronics and stuff can give me a better explanation it would be greatly appreciated.
A distortion pedal in front of a tube amp isn't going to give you an ideal tone, because you're trying to bury the rich, full valve tone you like with cheap, Solid State distortion.

I'd look into an Overdrive pedal, which will simply run your tubes hotter. This will give you a richer, fuller distorted tone.
If your amp has it try boosting the reverb when using a distortion pedal, this will make them sound more natural and less harsh, if your amp does not have reverb consider a pedal, same with delay
use an overdrive pedal to boost your amp's od if it doesn't have enough
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^ if so, yeah try it out
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I've had the same problem and I also have a DS-1 and I found if you turn the gain down on your amp the boost and distortion increases
Pedal distortion is always going to be a different beast to tube distortion. Most people and prefer the sound of a distorted valve to a diode clipping for the reasons you have mentioned, but both have their place. +1 on the OD though, one of the Joyo VO's or a Bad Monkey wioll probably get you there for quite cheap