Anybody here claim to live a hedonistic life? A decadent lifestyle? For the sake of this thread, hedonism is defined as pleasure - pain being the ultimate goal in life as well as living solely for your own benefit (whether or not you actually help people), just so there's no need to be pedantic . Any thoughts, positive or negative, on this lifestyle?
Quote by blackflag49
Condoms, for all the copious amounts of pussy with which you will be inevitably bombarded from this moment onward.

It's true but not really true. I guess I'm down with that lifestyle, but not really down either. I guess I am quite apathetic toward hedonism. If that's what floats your boat, more power to ya brah. Drink a few more beers and smoke a few more blunts, call a couple a girls, fuck a couple a _____.

Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Negatives, you may not have people to lean back on if you fall and change your mind.

Positives, it's fun as shit. (till you get jailed or broke >_> )
People in the pit take my post way too seriously.

MyAnimeList
7-String Legion

If you have a question PM me and I will always get back to you.
we are all hedonistic to some extent. but personal pleasure in that moment above all else is a terribly stupid way to live.

indulgence, alright. but megalomania? nah man.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
Epicureanism is a moderate kind of hedonism, except instead of trying to obtain as much pleasure as possible, one tries to do things that are to avoid pain, and the requires one to not take in some pleasures that will cause long term pain.
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
My last ex was very hedonistic. She also cheated on me twice before I found out. Fuck hedonism.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by NoLaurelTree000
we are all hedonistic to some extent. but personal pleasure in that moment above all else is a terribly stupid way to live.

indulgence, alright. but megalomania? nah man.

People may find pleasure through helping others. Hedonism isn't all "I'm just gonna smoke weed and drink beer and **** everyone else because that's what I want."
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Haven't you read The Picture of Dorian Gray? Hedonism is so not cool. You'll eventually stab yourself in the heart and that's so not cool.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by Colgate Total
People may find pleasure through helping others. Hedonism isn't all "I'm just gonna smoke weed and drink beer and **** everyone else because that's what I want."

Pretty much. Hedonism can encompass a lot of actions. Utilitarianism seems a bit closer to what you're saying to me, (not a philosophy major so if anyone is more knowledgeable, please correct me) but that could still technically be hedonism.
Quote by Colgate Total

haha, yeah right.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
Charlie Sheen.
My signature lacks content. It is, however, blue.
Quote by D&DLover
Pretty much. Hedonism can encompass a lot of actions. Utilitarianism seems a bit closer to what you're saying to me, (not a philosophy major so if anyone is more knowledgeable, please correct me) but that could still technically be hedonism.

Well, in the grand scheme of things, hedonism is just doing what you like. Whether that's helping people, drinking Monsters in your underwear during a COD sesh, or taking drugs. Some people get their kicks from altruism, others from a triple stack of ecstasy.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG