Hey Ug! I’m looking for a boost for my solos. Currently I am just going straight into my amp which is a 6505+ 112. I have my pre set about 2.5, which I feel doesn’t give enough sustain or character to the tone I would like to achieve, even though it sounds perfect for a distorted rhythm. I am trying to get a lead tone that can do primarily metal (Motley Crue to Coroner to Death.) So far I have looked at a Ts9 and a green rhino. The rhino sounded better to my ears, it seemed to have a little bit more bite. Those are the only 2 I have tried though. So I am just asking for a couple more suggestions on what you guys think is good. My budget is around 100$. I can buy used and I can find it myself if I am going used. The guitars I’m using are a Ibanez rg4exfm1 and a Shecter Hellraiser with EMGs. Sorry for the paragrph. Thanks for any replies
Gear:

Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Shecter Hellraiser Crimson Burst
Peavey 6505+ 112
Line6 Spider IV
Dunlop CryBaby Original:
Hardwire CM-2
...Free from it all...
...Breathe in the darkest fall...

...We laugh and cry though a brothers eyes for now...

I'm cool because I have lyrics in my sig.

You can call me Rob.
i recently bought the joyo ultimate drive and for the price its pretty amazing its like 40 dollars and i think its aclone of a fulltone ocd and at the price you could get two
^ i wouldn't really want to use one as a boost, though. However, the joyo vintage overdrive is a tubescreamer clone and would work well.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I doubt there's any place i could try that out though... Sorry i forgot to mention that I would like to try it out.
Gear:

Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Shecter Hellraiser Crimson Burst
Peavey 6505+ 112
Line6 Spider IV
Dunlop CryBaby Original:
Way Huge Green Rhino. Amazing OD. I got mine new for $100. I've seen used ones go as low as $80 (they seem to hold their value really well).
PRS SE CU22 | PRS SE CU24 | Takamine EG463SC
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster | Rectifier 212
Pitchblack+ | Bad Monkey | FAB Chorus | NOVA Delay