I need (2) 12" 75watt Flat Response Speakers for my 150 watt stereo Line 6 Flextone III XL.

It still has the stock Line 6 version of the Celestion 70/80's. A less than desirable speaker for sure.

I have been told that speakers with a flat response are better for Modeling Amps. Not sure how much stock I should put into that advice...

My heart tells me that I should only worry about getting a speaker that sounds good, than tweak away from there...

Any good ideas?
Currently looking at these...

Features: Continuous power handling: 300W Freq. Response 80Hz - 7kHz Sensitivity: 100dB Magnet Structure Weight: 16lbs Net Weight: 19lb Impedance: 8 or 16 Ohms Voice Coil Diameter: 2.5 Frame Material: Cast Aluminum Depth: 6

Electro-Voice Evm-12L Black Label 12" Speaker 8 Ohm
Electro voice EVM12L Classic Guitar Speaker 8 Ohm
Electro Voice Electro-Voice EVM12L Black Label Zakk Wylde Speaker (8 Ohms)

Has anybody here hever tried one out?
Does one sound better than the other?
Last edited by BurstBucker Pro at Mar 31, 2012,
Try the Eminence Delta pro 12A

I have a pair of EVM12L's, and they are pretty flat, with a nice high end rolloff. They're great! But expensive. When EV stopped making the 12L, Eminence made the Delta Pro as a copy of the speaker. It's pretty close, it's also heavy, with lots of power handling, and CHEAP!
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
The EVMs are killer speakers but pricey and incredibly heavy. I definitely wouldn't want to put them in a combo and probably wouldn't drop that much coin on speakers for a Flextone but YMMV.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Try finding those Delta Pros used, you'll save a few bucks and already have speakers that are broke in. Plus if you don't like 'em you can sell them for what you paid practically.
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]