Hello, i posted few threads here already, im sorry for bothering you, but im thiking of buying good amp for practise and gig.
I need loud amp, loud as drummer, so it can be heard on 5-6 volume setting of 10. Becouse running amp on max setting isnt good for speaker.

Blackheart Handsome Devil Combo 15Watt - all tube
http://www.thomann.de/gb/blackheart_handsome_devil_combo_bh15112.htm

Jet City combo 20Watt.
http://www.thomann.de/gb/jet_city_amplification_112rc.htm

Vox AC15VR - hybrid amp 15 Watt.
http://www.thomann.de/gb/vox_ac15vr.htm

Sorry for my English.

Amp owners, or who tryed them, give me advice, which one to buy.

I need loud amp

And ps. I really like Blackheart, so, give me some info please

I play classic rock, grunge, punk, blues, punk blues, like Nirvna, White Stripes, Led Zeppelin.
Last edited by BaDG0oD at Mar 31, 2012,
What genres do you play? What guitar/effects do you use? What kind of sound are you looking for? It will make it easier for us to point you in the right direction if you answer these.
[404]Signature not found
Quote by BaDG0oD
Becouse running amp on max setting isnt good for speaker

No it isn't... Amps are equipped with speakers capable of handling their own output, usually the speaker is overkill, just to be safe.
Gibson SG
Peavey 6505
Jet City JCA20H
Mesa 2x12

"They found her body, face down dead in the rain,
Such a shame,
Such a pretty face, never should have felt this pain"
Black Stone Cherry <3
Wut, u no likey Mesa?

Mesa has a very nice little lunchbox amp called the Transatlantic TA-15. 5, 15, & 25 watt settings, 2 channel (footswitchable), output to 4 & 8 ohm cabs., get's plenty loud enough coming out of a 2x12 cabinet. What's your budget like?
Quote by jmaguire
What genres do you play? What guitar/effects do you use? What kind of sound are you looking for? It will make it easier for us to point you in the right direction if you answer these.

i updated my status
If you can afford the Mesa I'd go for it. I have the Jet City, it has a pretty excellent rock tone but might lack the amount of gain for the grunge without pedals. I have tried the Vox personally stay away from it. Mainly because it's a hybrid. I'm not very familiar with the Blackheart but from what I have heard it is a solid amp.
[404]Signature not found
Quote by jmaguire
If you can afford the Mesa I'd go for it. I have the Jet City, it has a pretty excellent rock tone but might lack the amount of gain for the grunge without pedals. I have tried the Vox personally stay away from it. Mainly because it's a hybrid. I'm not very familiar with the Blackheart but from what I have heard it is a solid amp.

Thanks, i will stay away from Vox then, just like i thought its isnt loud enought, cos' its hybrid 15Watt amp, maby like 25-30W SS.
I came across a hd head not too long ago. The first thing I noticed was the badly decomposing "tolex", the second thing I noticed was Crate makes BlackHeart. I'd go with something else
Quote by lucky1978
I came across a hd head not too long ago. The first thing I noticed was the badly decomposing "tolex", the second thing I noticed was Crate makes BlackHeart. I'd go with something else

Can you give me advice, or link on amp, what u reccomend?
I've got the Jet City JCA20 head, and I do have to say im incredibly impressed by it. It's certainly loud enough to keep up with a drummer. It does take pedals well, so, considering how cheap it is - you could run a distortion or overdrive in front of it to no ill effect. My only qualm is the lack of an effects loop for modulation and delay and such, but apparently it's not the most difficult mod on the planet.

I'd recommend it - you'll certainly be able to get your rock tones out of, and a pedal or two will get you the rest I'm sure.
Ball Custom Mark I

Korg Pitchblack > Dunlop Crybaby wah > mODDball audio Green Bastard > Marshall GV2 Guv'nor Plus > EHX Holy Stain > MXR Phase 90 > MXR Carbon Copy

Jet City JCA20h
Epiphone Valve Jr.
Blackstar HTV212
Quote by BaDG0oD
Can you give me advice, or link on amp, what u reccomend?

Check out Egnater, Jet city seems to be well liked, peavey for metal. Find a local guitar shop and try out what they have. Buying from a local, independent guitar shop is very good, amp is less likely to suck!
egnater tweaker.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.