Has anyone tried the real small amplifiers?
I see Marshall, Fender and Ibanez all make them.

http://marshallamps.com/product_range.asp?productRangeId=19
http://www.fender.com/en-NZ/products/mustang/models.php?prodNo=230006
http://www.ibanez.co.jp/products/amp_series12.php?series_id=44&area_id=2&year=2012&cat_id=5

And I was wondering if the quality is good enough to replace my headphones or a mate's old beaten PC speakers. - Looking for something I can lug around in a backpack (and onto a plane).

Edit: I have a Peavey Rage (fake-tube) at home, but at the flat I play electric guitars unplugged.
Last edited by DeadF18 at Mar 31, 2012,
Well, they're cool if you wanna bring a small amp with you, or play outside, but they don't offer an amazing tone, as one would expect. I wouldn't use one as a PC speaker, personally, I find speakers always sound better for their intended purpose, for example, a PC speaker will sound better than a guitar amp, for the purpose of a PC speaker.

EDIT: It's not only Marshall and Ibanez that make them, Orange, Fender, Danelectro and Vox all produce micro amplifiers.
Gibson SG
Peavey 6505
Jet City JCA20H
Mesa 2x12

"They found her body, face down dead in the rain,
Such a shame,
Such a pretty face, never should have felt this pain"
Black Stone Cherry <3
Last edited by AgentOrange... at Mar 31, 2012,
Quote by AgentOrange...
I wouldn't use one as a PC speaker

I actually meant that I would use the old PC speakers as an amp - I was told it might blow the speakers.
Yep....if u plan on using one as an everyday music speaker...dont, because they distort pretty quickly...and it sounds likea mess
Quote by DeadF18
I actually meant that I would use the old PC speakers as an amp - I was told it might blow the speakers.

No, that would be even worse, unless they are top quality speakers, and I get the feeling they aren't.

In short, save for a real amp. Maybe get an MS-2 or something in the meantime for practicing, but be aware, it will never sound good, whatever you do.
Gibson SG
Peavey 6505
Jet City JCA20H
Mesa 2x12

"They found her body, face down dead in the rain,
Such a shame,
Such a pretty face, never should have felt this pain"
Black Stone Cherry <3
I have a fender mini deluxe. It's not even good for practicing at home, yet I use it in dormitory. Good for clean tones, yet sucks on distortion. I generally put some kinda cloth on it and adjust volume, so I can get better tones, at least not a buzzsaw. Btw get a transistor amp for use with pc. But if you want good cheap guitar amp, I recommend saving for Blackstar ht-1, and it will sound really good with guitar, yet it doesn't have cd input.
Last edited by cemges at Mar 31, 2012,
yeah, they are fun, I have 2 marshall ones, but they sound like crap.
Quote by element4433
One time I watched a dog lick his own dick for twenty minutes.

Quote by Roc8995
No.

Well, technically it could be done, but only in the same way that you could change a cat into a hamburger. It's an unpleasant process, and nobody is happy with the result.