Here are the findings. I got a nylon g string up to Eb. Those nylon strings sure do stretch. Now on to steel strings. The Hi e up to almost g#. b string up to f#. G string up to C. D string up to G#. A string to an E. Low E string up to C#. I'm mainly fascinated by steel strings. Nylon strings are starting to interest me ,but no where near the extent of steel strings.
Last edited by Dan477 at Mar 31, 2012,
I've gotten a D'Addario plain steel .007 up to A on a 27" scale. It was very dangerous, but held. Mainly because my RG2228's hardware is so smooth, the only breaking point was the tuner.
Ibanez RG2228 w/ EMG808Xs | Line 6 POD HD500 | Mackie HD1221
....cool?
Quote by tubetime86
He's obviously pretty young, and I'd guess he's being raised by wolves, or at least humans with the intellectual capacity and compassion of wolves.

You finally made it home, draped in the flag that you fell for.
And so it goes
Anybody ever use coated Elixers on a Les Paul? .042,s-.009,s?My goldtop is busting strings,I think its the OLD Klusons.panhead201
[59 Goldtop,lefty
[72 ES-355-TDSV
[68 Black LP Custom,lefty
[68 Goldtop,lefty
[06 Schecter C-! Classic,,lefty
[28 National resonator
[Mesa triple rec Marshall "A"cab
["B"cab,4-12 Mesa,s
[Mesa Nomad 45,4-10,s,combo
[ 64 Gibson-ES-330-TDC
I have a set of elixir 10's on my LP studio now. It's in BAD need of a setup though. I went down in gauge, and have some nasty buzz now. But those strings have been on there a while, and no breakage. Are the strings breaking at the bridge? may just be a burr in the saddle.
Quote by tubetime86
He's obviously pretty young, and I'd guess he's being raised by wolves, or at least humans with the intellectual capacity and compassion of wolves.

You finally made it home, draped in the flag that you fell for.
And so it goes