Hello all gamers
Me and a couple friends are gonna make a free game with Java, but we want some communtiy input on what you would like to see! We're thinking a sandbox style with semi-non-linear gameplay, aka freeworld (also it will be 3-D with low-medium graphics). We're not looking to make a Fallout or Minecraft clone, but want original ideas that will challenge the user, unlock their creativity and that can be played many times over! Thanks for all your help
Sincerely
This guy^
Make a pimp game. You just travel around banging sluts and killing other pimps. Every ***** you bang, if you do it good enough you own her, but you have to kill her pimp before you can send her out. There are 5 *****s per pimp and pimps are like bosses.

There is no point to the game nor story.

Base it on this guy \/
Last edited by mybanez at Mar 31, 2012,
Make a game about me.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by mybanez
Make a pimp game. You just travel around banging sluts and killing other pimps. Every ***** you bang, if you do it good enough you own her, but you have to kill her pimp before you can send her out. There are 5 *****s per pimp and pimps are like bosses.

There is no point to the game nor story.

NO, seriously now
Attachments:
tumblr_m0uyw7fZfK1qgyktko4_400.jpg
Quote by Reynolds666
red faction guerilla set in a city

NO KNOCKOFFS! Original ideas!
Quote by Weirdbag
Zombies.

No seriously, Zombies always make a good game.

True dat
Quote by Weirdbag
Zombies.

No seriously, Zombies always make a good game.

When has there been a good zombies game.
Make an authentic travelling game.

Write really good ambient symphonic music and draw really good graphics, but the only thing you can do in the game is run around and marvel at the sites. Also make the gravity ****ed up so you can sometimes walk upsides down.
Quote by JimmyCraig
If you're going to post something like this in the pit, you got to expect people to crack a few jokes. No need to go all caps-lock when they do...

OT: Can you specify the genre a bit more? Will it be a an RPG like fallout, or...?
Quote by Ultima2876
Why Java?

Because we ha to learn it so now I know it and don't feel like learning another language
Quote by Weirdbag
Left 4 Dead, RE, RDR Undead Nightmare, etc.

I hope your not serious Undead Nightmare was good. RDR is probably my third favourite game of all time. But RDRUN was just a huge fail. The story was almost acceptable but game was nothing in comparison to the original.
Make a game where to get to certain places, the player has to build stuff from things nearby. e.g. Need to get to that island in the middle of lake? Make a raft from that rope and those empty oil drums you got from those abandon docks, and some corrugated iron from that town you were just at. etc.
It's creative, original, and challenges the player (if done right).
You should make a randomly generated world made of blocks, with maybe an 8-bitish low-fi art style, allow the player to build and craft things out of these blocks. A "survival" mode would be cool, too. You could have aspects like hunger that force the player to be active, and maybe add night and day cycles and have predatory monsters come out at night.
I had a dream last night where me and my friends were running away from axe murderers, cops, gangs, and other stuff. We were trying to get to the other side of America, where there isn't a whole bunch of idiots chasing after us.

So yeah make a game like that.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Mix Greek mythology with the future. Greek mythology never gets nothing no mo', and it's so rich with background material.

This.
Quote by UntilISleep
You have excellent taste in literature, dear sir

Quote by Primus2112
You have excellent taste in video games, good sir.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
You have terrible taste in signatures, idiotic sir.

kkoo
Quote by JimmyCraig
Quote by Reynolds666
red faction guerilla set in a city

What about Red Faction GORILLA? Or, Gorilla Warfare.

You fight on a team of primates, against the evil Baboon King and his army of mandrills. You have a series of tasks aside from hurling fecal matter at the enemy (to do so, you need to eat bananas scattered around the level to fill up your 'poopometer') ending ultimately in the assassination of the Baboon King. And a multiplayer mode would be cool, including Team Deathmatch etc.
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
Quote by JimmyCraig
Because we ha to learn it so now I know it and don't feel like learning another language

That's a terrible reason to stick with a language. Java is... ugh.
battle bots
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
Quote by Aralingh
Make an authentic travelling game.

Write really good ambient symphonic music and draw really good graphics, but the only thing you can do in the game is run around and marvel at the sites. Also make the gravity ****ed up so you can sometimes walk upsides down.

I second this
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Quote by mybanez
When has there been a good zombies game.

Dead Island is pretty sweet.
and Alan wake, but thats not quite zombies..

EDIT:

Quote by DisarmGoliath
What about Red Faction GORILLA? Or, Gorilla Warfare.

You fight on a team of primates, against the evil Baboon King and his army of mandrills. You have a series of tasks aside from hurling fecal matter at the enemy (to do so, you need to eat bananas scattered around the level to fill up your 'poopometer') ending ultimately in the assassination of the Baboon King. And a multiplayer mode would be cool, including Team Deathmatch etc.

This would be amazing. do it.
Quote by element4433
One time I watched a dog lick his own dick for twenty minutes.

Quote by Roc8995
No.

Well, technically it could be done, but only in the same way that you could change a cat into a hamburger. It's an unpleasant process, and nobody is happy with the result.
Last edited by rocknroll93 at Apr 6, 2012,
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
I second this

Yeah this but in space. There's no sandbox game in space.

And learn C#, its better than java and the ideas are the same.

EDIT:Ahh shit the original caption ddn't show. [slap]
Last edited by Rebel Scum at Apr 7, 2012,
Quote by Rebel Scum
Yeah this but in space. There's no sandbox game in space.

And learn C#, its better than java and the ideas are the same.

C# is kinda hard though, start with C, then move your way around the circle of fifths and yeah.
can it be a sandbox game that takes place in a sandbox? y'know, build sandcastles n' shit. also, find feral cat shit and old bandaids.
Quote by Weaponized
C# is kinda hard though, start with C, then move your way around the circle of fifths and yeah.

Quote by jakesmellspoo
can it be a sandbox game that takes place in a sandbox? y'know, build sandcastles n' shit. also, find feral cat shit and old bandaids.

and toys you thought were gone forever
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
and toys you thought were gone forever

and, like, 50 orange slugs.

and you have to fight the big-boned problem child who tries to steal your Tonka truck, but he smashes you over the head with it, causing severe blunt trauma and a need for your skull to be stapled.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
and, like, 50 orange slugs.

and you have to fight the big-boned problem child who tries to steal your Tonka truck, but he smashes you over the head with it, causing severe blunt trauma and a need for your skull to be stapled.

nathan is that you?
If you do something right, no one will know you've done anything at all

Proud to be called Best Friends with Pastafarian96
Quote by JimmyCraig

Once you are proficient in one language, learning another one isn't that difficult.
ASM being a bit of an exception there.