Anyone got a good estimate as to how much it would cost to have a fretboard with dot inlays converted to Gibson style block inlays?
Jackson KVX10
Epiphone EB-3

Bugera 6260
Laney Supergroup Mk 1
Marshall VS100RH
Laney LX412A

Bad Monkey
Crybaby
Metal Muff
Fish N Chips
Quote by 95thFallout
It would probably be cheaper to just change the fret board completely

IDK, it seems like having to completely remove the fret board and then fret a new finger board would be a lot more expensive then cutting channels and matching inlays and gluing.
I'm not super familiar with doing inlay work but I know it can be done with the fret board and frets still on.
Yes, I'm from California, yes I like Hockey, no I do not like the Ducks, yes I like the Kings!
Cheaper to have a new fretboard, because a fretboard is usually inlayed before beeing radiused. to reinlay it, you would have to deradius it, wich is near impossible to do on a neck, and totally impossible when its on a set-neck. So you would have to defret it, take it off, defret it, plane it, redo the inlay wotk, re radius it, refret it and reglue it. A lot of useless work, and planning the FB then reraiusing it will take off a lot of thickness and it will change the feel of the guitar a little, thats without thinking that you have a lot of chances of ruining it. So just a new fretboard would be a better choise i my opinion.
Hmm. 'cause ya see, I'm looking in to getting a Gibson Flying V in the future. But I hate dot inlays with a fiery passion. I think they just make them look cheap. I wonder how expensive buying a new fretboard and having it fitted would cost.
Jackson KVX10
Epiphone EB-3

Bugera 6260
Laney Supergroup Mk 1
Marshall VS100RH
Laney LX412A

Bad Monkey
Crybaby
Metal Muff
Fish N Chips
If you have a substantial budget laid out for the guitar I'd get a luthier to build a flying v to your specifications so you'll get everything you desire from the instrument.

DON'T PANIC! DON'T PANIC!
THEY DON'T LIKE IT UP 'EM!
Heh. Now that sounds pretty damn expensive. I'd be dropping shy of a grand (GBP) for the Gibbo, and I know nothing about custom guitar building, but I can imagine it being quite a lot more than that.
Jackson KVX10
Epiphone EB-3

Bugera 6260
Laney Supergroup Mk 1
Marshall VS100RH
Laney LX412A

Bad Monkey
Crybaby
Metal Muff
Fish N Chips
Why not just get or make vinyl stickers to go over it?

That way if you plan on reselling you can just peel them off and bam, original condition
My Soundcloud dudes
Recording gear:
Yahama Hs8
Saffire Pro 40
Shure Sm57
Shure Sm7b

Guitar gear :
Ebmm BFR7
Axe fx XL+
Walrus audio Janus
Ibanez Ergodyne
Black Market Custom cab
I'm not sure about the prices for the UK, but if you're planning on paying for your fretboard to be replaced you may be in the same price range as a custom build (depending on the luthier). Just a thought to keep in mind, either way I'm sure you'll end up with a fantastic instrument.

DON'T PANIC! DON'T PANIC!
THEY DON'T LIKE IT UP 'EM!
Seems like alot of money for just an aesthetic thing. Luthier work like that can be VERY expensive. Almost seem like a crime to tear up a new Gibson guitar just for inlay.

I'm picky about inlays too. But I'm the opposite though, I hate big full inlays that take up half the fretboard. The Ibanez S Prestige has one of the best Inlay patterns I've ever seen.
http://www.ibanezrules.com/namm/2011/s_sv_prestige.htm
I know, but I just hate dot inlays on anything but Fender style guitars. I'd rather there were no inlays at all. But yeah, considering how expensive it'll be, I'll probably just suck it up and deal with the dots.
Jackson KVX10
Epiphone EB-3

Bugera 6260
Laney Supergroup Mk 1
Marshall VS100RH
Laney LX412A

Bad Monkey
Crybaby
Metal Muff
Fish N Chips