My band and I are going to start re-tracking some parts for a few of our songs because we used a USB microphone that didn't give us a sound we're happy with (surprising, huh?). We are recording in Logic 9 Pro using the latest iMac. We already have professionally recorded drum tracks from a previous session, and are going to be tracking vocals, guitar, and bass. What we're looking for is an interface that will get the job done. We had previously recorded with no interface but direct-in with an adapter to the mic input with direct-in guitars so this will be a step up. We will be sending our recordings out for a professional mix so being able to mix the song or tweak the tracks is something we're not interested in just yet. Our main goal is to get the best possible recording we can so that we don't have to shell out the extra cash to the engineer to edit out mistakes. That being said something relatively cheap (a few hundred bucks max) is what we're looking for. We know we won't be getting the quality of a million dollar studio, but something that with a great mixer that will allow our track to sound competitive to other recordings out there is our goal.

Thank you!
Gretsch G5191
Line 6 MK II Tube Designed by Bogner
Apogee Duet 2 will be the best interface for your needs by far. Don't really need to big it up, google some reviews of it and see for yourself. I still use the original Duet for anything up to two inputs.
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
Apogees have great conversion but can have driver issues. Beware!
Audio Ecstasy Productions!

Guitar/Backline Tech in the Los Angeles area and on tour!
Custom guitar pedals and cabling for stage and studio!

I set up DAWs and tweak computers to record audio. Hit me up @ audioecstasyproductions[at}gmail.com
Quote by fastlanestoner
Apogees have great conversion but can have driver issues. Beware!

Driver issues? They're built to work to the exact spec of Mac hardware, which is uniform across the platform... unless you modified a Mac yourself, or use a hackintosh, it's pretty much impossible to get driver issues, not to mention it uses CoreAudio which is the platform designed by Apple for Macs.
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
Yeah, its pretty much Apogee or nothing if you've got a Mac until you get into the higher end interfaces
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
I use the apogee duet with Logic pro, couldn't be happier. I believe there's a control panel for the duet built right into logic.
Apogee is the LEXUS of Mac Interfaces - I couldn't afford on so I have the FOCUSRITE SAPPHIRE - top quality on both my Windows 7 box and my Mac too!
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
Quote by strangedogs
Apogee is the LEXUS of Mac Interfaces - I couldn't afford on so I have the FOCUSRITE SAPPHIRE - top quality on both my Windows 7 box and my Mac too!

I wouldn't go that far... If anything, I'd say Metric Halo is the Lexus of Mac

In the lower price range, Saffire or a One/Duet are great, unless you need more inputs.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com