Hey,

I am looking for a new guitar with following description.

Fixed bridge (No ToM's), with string through bridge preferrably.
7 string.
Natural or see through finish. And not a black guitar.
Shape doesnt matter, unless it's super pointy. I prefer style of Caparisons, Suhrs and Musicmans.
HSH, or HS setup. If it's a HH, then it should have 81/60 EMGs. Else, a pickup with good chunk of mids, not too bright. Tone I'm looking after would range from Mike Morton to Petrucci and Vai. If it has a trem, then it rather be OFR or one of good edges. I think i'll do with any good floyd. And if it has a fixed bridge, then it should have locking tuners. God I love these things. But once again, I could do with buying a set of locking tuners.

Prefer a non-signature guitar.

Budget would be around 1200 euros, could extend to 1500 euros if it's too good.
Would rather not go second handed.
Neck shape I like is style of 61 strat, or thin like JP's. Not as thin as most of ibaneze's.
I live in Germany, Hamburg.

Thanks in advance
ich bin indeed ein sprechender panda, how are you?
Music student, Jazz/Classical/Prog
Music Man JP6 BFR, Ibanez S7420, Fender American Standard, Ibanez EW35 acoustic, 6505+
Last edited by omidmash at Mar 31, 2012,
Yeah that's a beautiful one, my problem is that cheaper gibsons never did me any good..
Music Man JP6 BFR, Ibanez S7420, Fender American Standard, Ibanez EW35 acoustic, 6505+
Quote by omidmash
Yeah that's a beautiful one, my problem is that cheaper gibsons never did me any good..

I think they're pretty good IMO, even the faded stuff is pretty nice, just my opinion, but a Gibson is a Gibson, whatever Epiphone users say.
Gibson SG
Peavey 6505
Jet City JCA20H
Mesa 2x12

"They found her body, face down dead in the rain,
Such a shame,
Such a pretty face, never should have felt this pain"
Black Stone Cherry <3
Get a 7 string John Petrucci signature? It sounds like it'd fit, minus the pickups.
7 STRING LEGION

Damned Icon - Invictus

Quote by SYLrules88
im not very good with that harmonic thing. i get them to match perfectly then i play a chord and it sounds like hellen keller singing

Music Man
PRS
Mesa Boogie
Quote by Nico the Great
Get a 7 string John Petrucci signature? It sounds like it'd fit, minus the pickups.

Way too expensive...
Quote by omidmash
Way too expensive...

1500 Euros = About $2000 USD. I've seen JP7's go for that much and less on eBay.
7 STRING LEGION

Damned Icon - Invictus

Quote by SYLrules88
im not very good with that harmonic thing. i get them to match perfectly then i play a chord and it sounds like hellen keller singing

Music Man
PRS
Mesa Boogie
Quote by Nico the Great
1500 Euros = About $2000 USD. I've seen JP7's go for that much and less on eBay.

That'd be one of the piezoless ones. If I'm gonna buy a JP, then I'll save up for a BFR. Why I want a new guitar is that my JP is just too perfect. Yeah, that's a reason. I'm looking for something a bit different and a bit cheaper.
I own a Schecter Hellraiser C-7. It replaced my Ibanez 7 string. It's a solid guitar and has EMG 707s. The 707s aren't my favorite, but they may suit your tastes. Mine is black but they also come in red and white. There is also the C-7 Special which will have the 7 string equivalent of the 81/85. And then there's the Blackjack C-7 which has an ebony fretboard instead of rosewood and Seymour Duncan Blackouts.

http://www.schecterguitars.com/Products/Guitar/Hellraiser-C-7.aspx
http://www.schecterguitars.com/Products/Guitar/Blackjack-ATX-C-7.aspx
How are the Schectors in quality of build? I never did try any...
Quote by omidmash

Crap, IMO anyway, I tried one, and hated it.
Gibson SG
Peavey 6505
Jet City JCA20H
Mesa 2x12

"They found her body, face down dead in the rain,
Such a shame,
Such a pretty face, never should have felt this pain"
Black Stone Cherry <3
I don't know how much Mayones go for but if you can get one in your range DO IT RIGHT THE **** NOW.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by AgentOrange...
Crap, IMO anyway, I tried one, and hated it.

The Schecter are crap quality cause your didnt like ONE you tried?

Honestly schecters are great guitars, they are very well built. I loved mine, and even the cheaper ones ive tried at pawn shops were pretty good.
Quote by oneblackened
I don't know how much Mayones go for but if you can get one in your range DO IT RIGHT THE **** NOW.

Those are beautiful instruments but they go WAY over my price range... the one's i'm looking at go for well above 3 grand...
Quote by omidmash

While they are made in Korea the quality is actually quite good. Mine doesn't have any mistakes, and I really can't complain. For the price they are excellent. I purchased mine used, so it is an older model. It also has a 26.5" scale which has its advantages (the strings won't be as loose) and disadvantages (your fingers need to stretch more).
Hey Omidmash, what country are you in?
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
Hey Omidmash, what country are you in?

Stated, Germany: Hamburg
http://www.thomann.de/de/fender_jim_root_stratocaster_mn_fw.htm fits most of your criteria. Can you live without a natural finish?
http://www.thomann.de/de/jackson_sls3wh_w_case.htm another one, if you can live without a natural finish. Pretty certain it's a JB/59 pickup set. Spend the remaining 200 euros on some pickups more to your liking and it's a great deal. TOM though, so it might not be to your taste. It's rare to find top mount bridges, though, so just keep that in mind.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
Last edited by oneblackened at Apr 1, 2012,
Quote by oneblackened
http://www.thomann.de/de/fender_jim_root_stratocaster_mn_fw.htm fits most of your criteria. Can you live without a natural finish?
http://www.thomann.de/de/jackson_sls3wh_w_case.htm another one, if you can live without a natural finish. Pretty certain it's a JB/59 pickup set. Spend the remaining 200 euros on some pickups more to your liking and it's a great deal. TOM though, so it might not be to your taste. It's rare to find top mount bridges, though, so just keep that in mind.

That Jackson is a beauty. Screw the natural finish. Definitely on my list now. Any more suggestions?
Have you considered the Framus Panthera or Diablo 7s?

http://www.premierguitar.com/magazine/Issue/Daily/News/Framus_Announces_7_String_Panthera_and_Diablo_Models.aspx

They also have a custom shop. Like other companies with custom shops, it looks like they may have some in stock or designated for certain retailers.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Apr 2, 2012,