I'm about to pick up the Fender Pawn Shop Mustang. I played one in a store and it felt good. The only thing i'm concerned with is that the body is extremely small - even smaller than a standard sized Mustang body. How much will this effect sustain, as compared to a regular Strat or even a Les Paul.

Thanks, and feel free to leave any other thoughts about this guitar if you have played it.
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
how did the guitar sustain when you played it in store?

We can speculate, but you're the only one that's played it... if it sounded dead don't get it, if it sounded good, well then its good, in terms of sustain.
---
The guitar will sustain about as good as any other Mustang. They're solid CIJ guitars. If you liked how it played and sounded, then go with it!
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by Robfreitag
how did the guitar sustain when you played it in store?

We can speculate, but you're the only one that's played it... if it sounded dead don't get it, if it sounded good, well then its good, in terms of sustain.

This.

How did you play it but not take notice of its sustain?
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
I can't imagine the body size affecting the sustain. The sustain on that guitar is going to come from the string-thru design and the humbuckers.
Gear
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster | Fender Deluxe Reverb
Jaguar | Stratocaster | Telecaster | Jazzmaster
I have the guitar the Lake Placid blue. The body size doesn't affect the sustain, but some might say that the Alder body wood does. I think it is a great guitar.
Last edited by deadsmileyface at Apr 1, 2012,