Hey Pit,

so 2 weeks of holiday are coming up and I thought about instead of wasting my holidays on gaming and other lazy stuff, I'll actually do something to improve my life.

I'm underweight, but I never really done anything against it. So I want to use these two weeks to train and eat more, so I hopefully gain a few kilos. Is this even realistic in two weeks? right now I'm kinda afraid to go to the swimming bath (right word?) because of my weight. So I definitely want to do something against this. In addition to that, I really want to get better at guitar, since I "hit a wall" with guitar playing lately. So regular excerices will hopefully bring the result. Also I want to improve in some small other stuff.
Is this all realistic in just two weeks (especially the weight gain part)? I hope that, once I got through it without some exceptions or giving up, I can finally improve my life a little bit and continue this after the two weeks of holiday.

So what do you think?

(Sry for my english)
Last edited by Weirdbag at Mar 31, 2012,
You might gain a few pounds if you do it right, keep it up once holiday's over and you'll be set.
Also your English is great.
Quote by synestershadows
Shai Hulud mother****er.
I've been somewhat in the same boat as you dude.
Told myself at the start of March that I'd be going for general gain in weight even if it's not just muscle mass.
Admittedly I wasn't as strict as I could have been, but I've gained about 7 pounds over the last month. It's not noticeable enough to boost your confidence in public, but give it twice the time and you'll be on your way. Make a plan and stick to it.
Gaining weight isn't done by a one-time effort but through a longer period of time. It's absolutely possible to gain weight, but if you want to gain a couple of kilos you have to be prepared it can take some time, especially if you are not used to eating so much every day.

Go here for a lot of information: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1421271
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Drink lots of milk, at least two liters a day, it will make you gain mass really fast.
"I wanted water but I'll walk through the fire"
A healthy weight can't be achieved in 2 weeks.
At least not if you are so much underweight as you hint.

You should just probably avoid heavy calory burning exercises like running and cycling. I think swimming is okay but if you want to gain weight,you'll have to hit the gym and change your eating habits.
And don't give me that bull that it is impossible for you to gain weight. It is just your mindset and the quality of your routine.(sleep cycle,physical activity and most importantly how,why and when you eat)
Watch your calory intake and calculate how much you spend by various activies(Both basal metabolic and work).

Don't be discouraged, 2 weeks is enough for you to start and make yourself feel better about it. Gaining or losing a lot of weight in a short ammount of time can really screw up your body. Maybe not in the first few months,but sooner or later it will.
I've been somewhat in the same boat as you dude.
Told myself at the start of March that I'd be going for general gain in weight even if it's not just muscle mass.
Admittedly I wasn't as strict as I could have been, but I've gained about 7 pounds over the last month. It's not noticeable enough to boost your confidence in public, but give it twice the time and you'll be on your way. Make a plan and stick to it.

Yeah, thanks

Gaining weight isn't done by a one-time effort but through a longer period of time. It's absolutely possible to gain weight, but if you want to gain a couple of kilos you have to be prepared it can take some time, especially if you are not used to eating so much every day.

I know, this is why I want to continue that after the holidays, but since I have never strictly stick to something that I wanted, I guess I need these two weeks of holidays to prove it to myself that I can actually change something
I was underweight not too long ago... A few months ago I started working out and eating well. I've gained about 8 pounds in three months. I work out every day, so I'm pretty confident that's 8 pounds of muscle.

You won't see results right away - definitely not in two weeks... You've gotta keep at it for a long period of time. But it's very rewarding.
SUPER BOWL XLVIII
D E N V E R B R O N C O S vs. S E A T T L E S E A H A W K S
Quote by Pan-Tallica
I was underweight not too long ago... A few months ago I started working out and eating well. I've gained about 8 pounds in three months. I work out every day, so I'm pretty confident that's 8 pounds of muscle.

You won't see results right away - definitely not in two weeks... You've gotta keep at it for a long period of time. But it's very rewarding.

Nice, thanks for the input
When I was a small-fry freshman in high school, I played American football. I was told by a senior-year lineman that the secret to gaining weight is to work out and eat a diet of (his words) "Double protein, double chocolate cake." Protein's obviously to help with the muscle mass, and the "chocolate cake," which I interpret as dessert, is to not only gain a little fat, but to make you feel better after killing yourself in the weight room. Works like a charm; I gained 20 pounds per year on that diet. Like everybody else has been saying, it's not going to happen overnight, but if you keep at it, it will happen.
I've been told bassists get women all over the place...

LIES!! ALL LIES!!