Whats up guys i was wondering how to tune my guitar in this tuning. Db Ab Db F Ab Db because my tuner only gives me like E E# F# F excetera if u can give me like those notes to match the tuning i want i would appreciate it.
While it's strange that your tuner reads only sharps and not flats, just convert that tuning to enharmonic equivalents C# G# C# F G# C#
These dudes are totally right.

Here's a simple way of thinking about it:
- There are 12 notes on the guitar
- 7 of them are natural notes, named using the first 7 letters of the alphabet: A B C D E F G
- The other 5 notes have 2 names each:
A# = Bb
C# = Db
D# = Eb
F# = Gb
G# = Ab

Think of # as meaning '1 fret higher than' and flat as meaning '1 fret lower than', so A# is one fret higher than A.

There are certain circumstances when it would be correct to refer to a note as A# not Bb. Have a free Skype guitar lesson with me if you like.

Alistair Pope
www.121guitarlessons.co.uk
Last edited by 121GuitarLesson at Apr 1, 2012,
Quote by brandnew_shizzy
Whats up guys i was wondering how to tune my guitar in this tuning. Db Ab Db F Ab Db because my tuner only gives me like E E# F# F excetera if u can give me like those notes to match the tuning i want i would appreciate it.

Is it too snarky to ask why he's putting his guitar in unusual tunings if he doesn't understand what a Db is?