Long story short, we had to part with our rhythm guitarist after a 2 year period of playing together. I've been playing with him since day one of my guitaring and now I need a replacement. That was like 2 months ago, fast forward to today: found a gal, cool lass (for me the team chemistry is sometimes more important than skills) but isn't quite skillful with the guitar. Fact is that I was always the more skillful one and took on the role of the lead guitarist with quite the ease, but the problem remains that she'll have a hard time playing with us hard-boiled people and she being the newbie. But I need the team chemistry + she has the potential to learn, not like some lazy wannabies who only want to impress a few people and go to bed. So problem here is: should I take her or should I look a bit more. Another problem I have is that most guitarists in Bulgaria are 90% "ZOMG METALLICA FTW", 9% are "PHAHA I OWN NABS AND CAN SHRED AT 123012i31239 bps" and the 1% is most-often with a low self-esteem. And in our band, well... we got our own ways, we need someone who can look beyond his own "**** YEAH I'M THE BEST" and keep to the point and add some texture. Damn I hate how hard it's gotten to find a guitarist worthy of the title >.>
Of course the real question is, is she fit?
Gibson SG
Peavey 6505
Jet City JCA20H
Mesa 2x12

"They found her body, face down dead in the rain,
Such a shame,
Such a pretty face, never should have felt this pain"
Black Stone Cherry <3
AgentOrange, this isn't the pit - If you're gonna crack jokes, at least make your post useful

TS, at the end of the day, you want all your band members to work together to make the songs sound okay. Have you all properly played together? She may not be able to shred, but if she can make her way through the songs enough to keep up with everyone, then she's already doing okay, and she'll get better as she keeps going. While there are always better guitarists out there, make sure you don't overlook what you already have
Rotten Playground
Listen to me and Jameh muck about on a podcast
as if you have anything better to do.

Quote by Reverend_Taco
Grass stains on my dicks

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Pfft. Gay? Nah, gay is the manliest sex that exists.
We don't need some uber 1337 skillz, that's what I'm there for (and for some juicy melodic shredding a-la Michael Schenker rawr <3) Thanks for the tip ^^ And sexual attraction whilst in a band is bad for business :| that's why we lost our rhythm guitarist >.> We don't play songs with a sick rhythm and stuff, if there is a sick rhythm I do it and the rhythm emulates the bass (we like to keep it rough and play without a bassist) and stuff like that so guess we're set for it, eh? Thanks once more ^^
I think what AgentOrange meant was that having a pretty girl in the band is only going to be good for business.
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Well we already have one (the lead singer) xD And srsly, does anyone nowadays even look at us guitarist, considering how we've been turned into second-hand generic bs :\
Quote by Dopemgs
And srsly, does anyone nowadays even look at us guitarist

If we have tits (and I do, but unfortunately I also have a beard) then yes.
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Meh gonna be a good addition in that case considering that I have the same feats you have (beard only but still) xD meh guess I got my answer ^^ Cheers, fellow UGers
I think you answered your own question in your OP. Also, was this thread just a thinly veiled attempt to get others to see how cool you are? I'm really glad you have 1337 shredding skills, thats what you're there for!

"(And for some juicy melodic shredding a-la Michael Schenker rawr <3)"

Maybe its just that the way you type makes me hate you, I don't know.

Fact is that I was always the more skillful one and took on the role of the lead guitarist with quite the ease
God damnit, I'm so ****ing happy that you think you're really good at the guitar, oh boy oh boy. That has nothing to do with getting a new rhythm guitar player.

And in our band, well... we got our own ways, we need someone who can look beyond his own "**** YEAH I'M THE BEST" and keep to the point and add some texture
They should kick you, and get her.

Anyway, so, for the helpful part of the post. Get her, if shes a nice girl, and she can play the parts, then get her. If it turns out that she can't play the parts, and isn't practicing to learn them, then kick her.