Hey forumers, I've been using a Peavey Delta Blues 115 for a bit now and I'm thinking a full retube would do it some good, especially seeing as I bought it used and it still has the original tubes for around a decade now. I've never done a re-tube so I'd thought I'd come here to pick up some pointers.

1- The amp is currently fitted with 3x 12ax7 pre-amp tubes and 4x EL 84 tubes, all of them Russian Sovtek I believe. What kind of tubes (that won't break my bank) would you recommend I place in there?

2- I've heard that you need to rebias the amp once you've swapped the tubes, however the Delta Blues is apparently "self biasing". Could anyone give me a bit more info?

Not sure if you need to know my rig but I play Stratocasters and Strat styled guitars. I'm looking for a bluesy-classic rock tone.
Last edited by Uncle Manwich at Mar 31, 2012,
1.There is no such thing as a Chinese Sovtek, Sovteks are Russian.
Stick JJ everywhere except V1. Stick a JAN Phillips 5751 in there, or maybe a Genalex Gold Lion.
For the power amp replace the EL84's with JJ.

2. The Delta Blues is non adjustable, fixed biased. Just plug the new tubes in and start playing.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Thanks for the reply! My mistake on the Sovtek tubes, I meant to say Russian. Error corrected!