I am new to this recording thing, can anybody suggest the best free daw to use? I have a lite version of albeton that came with my pod studio ux1 interface but find it exteamly difficullt to use and figure out. I have noticed reaper is a name mentioned a lot, is this any good? Or any other idead guys?
Thanks
i know some people use audacity. but i think reaper tends to be popular for free software. I use cubase 5. For basic recording though either reaper or audacity should do what u want
Reaper has a 30 day trial, but after 30 days you can keep using the trial, it just reminds you to purchase the software on startup of it, its not too bothersome. And if you like Reaper, which i almost guarantee you will, you should pay for it, because the license is like $60. Super cheap.
It's actually not free, but the trial isn't limited and you can keep using it forever.
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Quote by jamie vk
So what's the difference between the trial and the full version?

Nothing, they are the same.

Yes, it will work with your UX1.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Oh right...so why is one free and one not if they are the same? Thers must be some difference to justify the price
Quote by jamie vk
Oh right...so why is one free and one not if they are the same? Thers must be some difference to justify the price

No difference in the product, just your conscience.

Is your conscience worth $60?

If you're using it for commercial purposes and expect to earn more than $20,000 with it, then they kindly request you buy the commercial licence for $225 instead.

Audacity doesn't do all the same things as Reaper. It's more of an audio editor, while Reaper is a full-blown DAW.

Might as well get Audacity too, there are a few things it does that Reaper doesn't--or at least it'll be easier in Audacity.
Last edited by jetwash69 at Mar 31, 2012,
just been on the reaper site...there is so many to choose from..which one do i download???
Quote by jamie vk
just been on the reaper site...there is so many to choose from..which one do i download???

start thinking
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
Quote by jamie vk

There's only 2 versions for Windows, and 3 for Mac (though, really only 2, unless you have an old Mac with a Power PC processor). If you can't figure out which one to install, then you need to research what the difference is.

We're not here to hold your hand and do all the work for you.

If you've found this website, you know how to use the internet enough to easily research what the difference between 32-bit and 64-bit is, and what one you need to download.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com