Basically, my Cubase LE4 keeps crashing randomly, and frequently. It used to tend to happen when my project files got bigger and bigger, but now with brand new empty projects it just seems to crash. I'd have to restart my computer over and over again until the one time it'd work a bit smoother.

My computer's got a few general problems already but I'm just wondering if this happens to anyone else, and if there's a way to get round it.
The last update for that was over four years ago. Have you tried the Steinberg forums? As a cubase user myself, that's the first place I go to for help, as they actually have Steinberg staff and programmers on those boards.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
*ahem* Pirated version of cubase are notoriously unreliable.

But you wouldn't be doing anything Illegal now would you?
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Quote by ChemicalFire
*ahem* Pirated version of cubase are notoriously unreliable.

This is very true. I remember when the Steinberg forums required you to register with your serial number. The number of people b!tching and moaning about stability issues plummeted drastically.

However, there were still some. Often, they wound up being traced to a bad video driver, or an IRQ conflict or something otherwise unrelated to Cubase.

That's why I recommended the Steinberg forum.

CT

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Hey now, my Cubase is as genuine can be thank you very much. I'll go ask on the Steinberg forums then. But would not so genuine VSTs have an effect you think...?
I have to assume it is genuine. Otherwise, I wouldn't have wasted my effort and yours recommending you to the Steinberg forums.

A "not so genuine" plugin could very well cause a crash, but I would think it would only do so when the plugin is loaded. Otherwise, it shouldn't be an issue.

CT

I have the full, legally-purchased version of Cubase and not only does mine do this, too, but now it is asking me to register the software... again!

Cubase is a piece of crap.
You can't blame the software when it is not reproducible on a wide range of systems. If I were you, I would re-register and check the Steinberg forums. I've been using Cubase since VST 3.6 (bought somewhere around 1998?) and have been thoroughly pleased with it.

CT