Have anyone of you tried the Laney IRT212 Ironheart 2x12 cab?
No store around has the cab unfortunately ,so I cant try it out...
How does it sound like? Is it more high, mid or low range-y?

* Edit: What about the Laney GS212IE?
How is it?
Last edited by Lyrax at Mar 31, 2012,
I have the 60 -212 combo which is obviously a little different but still very similar. I love it, the H|H drivers are very versatile, they lap up all the high gain nonsense you can throw at them yet still pull through with sparkly cleans.

Its sound is going to massively depend on the head, so I couldn't really speculate on the type of tones you can expect - It has a very punchy low end but the word that really comes to mind is versatile.

Seriously, I cant say enough good things about this new line and frankly I'm surprised more people aren't talking about them... I understand Laney is a bit pricey in some parts of the world however in the coming years I think the Ironheart series is going to give the 6505 club a damn serious run for its money.
Quote by zero
I have the 60 -212 combo which is obviously a little different but still very similar. I love it, the H|H drivers are very versatile, they lap up all the high gain nonsense you can throw at them yet still pull through with sparkly cleans.

Its sound is going to massively depend on the head, so I couldn't really speculate on the type of tones you can expect - It has a very punchy low end but the word that really comes to mind is versatile.

Seriously, I cant say enough good things about this new line and frankly I'm surprised more people aren't talking about them... I understand Laney is a bit pricey in some parts of the world however in the coming years I think the Ironheart series is going to give the 6505 club a damn serious run for its money.

That sounds nice! Im planning on using it with the Ironheart 60W head, the IRT60H.
Is it suitable for dropped tunings and 7-string usage?
Is it more "crunchy" or more "smooth"?
This will probably be my first Laney product that I will own
Yeah it will eat up de-tuned and 7 strings no dramas... Out of the two I would say smooth, but like I said it is so versatile, you have plenty of EQ ability with the push-pull knobs and also the overall tone shaping controls with the IRT60.

I have only had it a few weeks but have managed to take it from mayhem right through to smooth jazz - It does everything. I would certainly recommend it over the GSE212 if you are using the Ironheart head as the drivers are custom designed for the amp and they have really nailed it.
Quote by zero
Yeah it will eat up de-tuned and 7 strings no dramas... Out of the two I would say smooth, but like I said it is so versatile, you have plenty of EQ ability with the push-pull knobs and also the overall tone shaping controls with the IRT60.

I have only had it a few weeks but have managed to take it from mayhem right through to smooth jazz - It does everything. I would certainly recommend it over the GSE212 if you are using the Ironheart head as the drivers are custom designed for the amp and they have really nailed it.

That sounds seriously badass! I have decided, getting it in about a month! I really like that it is so versatile like you said so I can evolve even more by playing different styles of music!
Thank you Sir!
No problem - I could talk about Ironhearts all day
Let us know how you get on with it!
Last edited by zero at Apr 2, 2012,
Quote by zero
No problem - I could talk about Ironhearts all day
Let us know how you get on with it!

Of course I will!
I bought one to to compliment my marshall 1960 4x12 with gt75. It does an amazing job. It fills the scooped rhough sound of the marshall with clear power. I play with lots of distortion. I really love this cabinet. Quality build and light an loud.