I dont know how popular this website is among the metal forum, but it has always been my go-to resource for metal info and reviews. When i went to visit it today, I was greeted by the same FBI banner that now appears when one tries to visit megaupload. It looks like the owners of the metal archives are being sued for copyright infringement. This website had so much information on so many bands and the fact that now all that is just gone seems unreal to me. I consider this a great loss to the entire metal community.

Does anyone have any idea as to why this may have happened? I don't see how the website committed copyright infringement in any way shape or form...

FVCK THE GOVERNMENT...today is a sad day
Quote by wolvenrick
I think black doom death metal is just plain stupid. go flame on me but i can't hear nothing but shit on those songs with everything in drop A or below. also it could've been without lyrics as you'd never hear them anyway.
OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOO wait what day is it today?

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
what the fuuuuuuucccckkkkk !!

please please please by an april fool's joke
Cette nuit j'ai rêvé que je mâchais ses yeux
Après avoir crevé par accès de furie
Ta replète panse d'helminthes blancs nourrie,
Trop prompte à déféquer le fruit d'un vit sanieux.
Quote by jthm_guitarist
OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOO wait what day is it today?

hahahaha wow... they really got me there

... ... it is an april fools joke, right?
Quote by wolvenrick
I think black doom death metal is just plain stupid. go flame on me but i can't hear nothing but shit on those songs with everything in drop A or below. also it could've been without lyrics as you'd never hear them anyway.
Ha...there's no way.
Quote by Natrone
I'm a pretty hardcore Christian. I would like to sincerely apologize that you ran into that little fucktard

Quote by mystique facade
dale-banez made a fool of himself..lol

my gear:

oh wait, no one cares
click on the picture, it works just fine
Stung.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Quote by chrisg7
I dont know how popular this website is among the metal forum, but it has always been my go-to resource for metal info and reviews. When i went to visit it today, I was greeted by the same FBI banner that now appears when one tries to visit megaupload. It looks like the owners of the metal archives are being sued for copyright infringement. This website had so much information on so many bands and the fact that now all that is just gone seems unreal to me. I consider this a great loss to the entire metal community.

Does anyone have any idea as to why this may have happened? I don't see how the website committed copyright infringement in any way shape or form...

FVCK THE GOVERNMENT...today is a sad day

Just quoting this comedy nugget, in case op edits.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
I don't know if this is playing along with the joke, or actually believes that they got shut down.
Quote by GuitarGod_92
when I die of a brain aneurysm I want it on record that its the film threads fault

Quote by GuitarGod_92
Movies are all bad every last one of them

Quote by yope
Fungus has a right to exist. It's a valid life form.
Brilliant stuff by MA, they had me hook, sink, line and the rest of the fishing rod.
Quote by Vermintide

Quote by we_built_a_tree
Oh look at me, I'm WBAT, these days I only smoke pipes and read Dostoyevsky.

You are a false
Quote by chrisg7
I don't see how the website committed copyright infringement in any way shape or form...

I also hope this isn't a reference to SOPA, because that didn't end up happening.
Quote by GuitarGod_92
when I die of a brain aneurysm I want it on record that its the film threads fault

Quote by GuitarGod_92
Movies are all bad every last one of them

Quote by yope
Fungus has a right to exist. It's a valid life form.
Almost got sad at this and excited at the top news here on UG.

Why'd that article have to be a joke? got me excited...
As you've surely noticed, the FBI closed down MA. No other news for the moment.

from their FB page. they really went all out on this one, and got a TON of people it seems
Quote by NotFromANUS
"Don't brutal your sister, Timmy!"

last.fm
could have been about PIPA. and the fact that megaupload amongst others got shut down this exact way. Not SOPA.
They had me wide-eyed, those bastards. Nice one.
If I took this cigarette and put it out on you...

...would you love me?
I didn't even realize it was April Fools Day yesterday.
Quote by beadhangingOne
Are you talking about those weird sphincter-spasms where it feels like there's a ghost dick in your ass for a little while and then it just disappears?