Page 1 of 2
What are some of the worst experiences you've had in a guitar/music store?

Mine was today, as I went into Guitar Center to trade in an Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plain Top, an Ibanez RG120, and a Boss Blues Driver to buy a Used Peavey Ultra 120W tube head. The assholes at Guitar Center offered me $40 for the f**king Les Paul. Sure, it's a plain top, but I should of gotten around $120. Then, for the Ibanez, they offered $60, and the Boss pedal, $20. I was pissed, but decided I needed the amp, so said I'd keep the Les Paul, and sell the Ibanez and Boss pedal for $80 and pay for the rest in cash. (The head was $150)

So then an hour later after all the shitty paperwork, the guy calls the Guitar Center that had the amp, which was in Kansas, (I'm on the West Coast, US) and they said they could hold it for a down-payment. I then said, "No, I'm buying it all now," so we called them again, only to find out that they sold it last week, but the amp was still listed on the site. I was pissed, as they wasted a good hour and a half of my time, gave me shitty offers, and then found out they didn't have it. I then told them to give me all my shit back which took ten minutes and walked out the door without doing any business with them. I never want to do business with this Guitar Center ever again.

/End rant

TL;DR - GC tried to **** me HARD.
So, this one time I was playing and this 12 year old kid comes up to me and asked if I can play Through the Fire and Flames...
West Ham United
Nope, I just played the intro chords for him. Then he shrugged me off and said I suck!
West Ham United
Wait... you didn't know you had to sell your shit yourself to get what it's worth?

I have a huge fear if rays.
And yeah, seriously, why didn't you just sell your equipment yourself, TS? You know that Guitar Center purposely gives you dirt cheap prices so they can make a profit, right?
West Ham United
I know, but DAMN, that was just plain bullshit what they tried. Plus they couldn't even operate their damn site correctly! They're shitty at business.
Oh, look! Its THIS thread again. jpg

Seriously., Every week this comes up.

ugh.
RIP Tom Searle.
I've seen this thread happen so many times.

In my restless dreams...
I see that town.
Silent Hill.
You promised you'd take me there again someday.
But you never did.

Well, I'm alone there now.
In our 'special place'...
Waiting for you.

Quote by King Donkey
Nope, I just played the intro chords for him. Then he shrugged me off and said I suck!

Win. That's so awesome.
This sig will self-destruct in 5 seconds.

Hot e-cousin of girlgerms007

I love Tracie.

Soundcloud
I once heard a kid playing the Sweet Child Of Mine intro and i was like ohly sheet i will never be that awesome at giturr then he was liek ohwell i can play Stairway To Heaven and i died.

f*ck these people.
Quote by Basti95
I once heard a kid playing the Sweet Child Of Mine intro and i was like ohly sheet i will never be that awesome at giturr then he was liek ohwell i can play Stairway To Heaven and i died.

f*ck these people.

I laugh way too hard when i read the "and i died" part.... I need sleep.
This sig will self-destruct in 5 seconds.

Hot e-cousin of girlgerms007

I love Tracie.

Soundcloud
The employees at most music stores (except boutique or high end stores) are either pimple faced kids or anti social, rude, nearing middle age High School dropout 'should have beens'.

There's one particular store where the clerks have been so rude and unhelpful in the past, that now whenever I'm bored, I make it a point to go there, test an amp, crank it, and absolutely BUTCHER Smoke on The Water, Stairway to Heaven and Sweet Child o Mine.
1. There's a thread for this.
2. That feel when my local dealer has an awesome owner who chats with us all the time/is generally nice.

Feels good, man.

Quote by DJ Safari
There's one particular store where the clerks have been so rude and unhelpful in the past, that now whenever I'm bored, I make it a point to go there, test an amp, crank it, and absolutely BUTCHER Smoke on The Water, Stairway to Heaven and Sweet Child o Mine.
Play them something like Psyopus.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
I bought a guitar for $1600 from a music store. The week after that, the music store across the road got the same guitar and were selling it for $1100.

I was annoyed. And, I think they did it just to **** with me, 'cause they knew I had bought it.
fuck
I went to get strings and waited twenty minutes for a guy to ring me up while he played a Jackson in front of me, talking to me yet refusing to ring me up. Was balls.
Quote by anvil is god
I went to get strings and waited twenty minutes for a guy to ring me up while he played a Jackson in front of me, talking to me yet refusing to ring me up. Was balls.

I just saw your profile and apparently you're 14.
Guys at music stores are unprofessional deadbeats who couldn't hold a job anywhere else and think they can get away with shit like this because most of the clientele are kids.

Next time something like this happens, bring one of your parents so they can talk to the manager and get the dimwit fired.

Kid or not, the client deserves proper treatment.
Quote by DJ Safari
The client deserves proper treatment.

I'm guessing you've never worked in retail.
Quote by DJ Safari
I just saw your profile and apparently you're 14.
Guys at music stores are unprofessional deadbeats who couldn't hold a job anywhere else and think they can get away with shit like this because most of the clientele are kids.

Next time something like this happens, bring one of your parents so they can talk to the manager and get the dimwit fired.

Kid or not, the client deserves proper treatment.

Age doesn't matter, he looked high as fuck when i left. While he rang me up he was singing Christmas carols and it was July.
Quote by DardySon
I'm guessing you've never worked in retail.

No, I haven't.
And I don't give a shit if you're having a bad day, or sick of dealing with idiots, or if you think you're God's gift to retail and are surrounded by sheep; deal with it and do your job.

If you can't do the job you're being paid to do, **** off. You can be damn sure anytime some retail prick gives me shitty service, I'll go through the bother of staying an extra 30 minutes at the store to get his ass fired.
Quote by jetfuel495
The guy at my local guitar center told me I'd be better off selling my gear on my own if I wanted to get any money out of it.

Nice guy.

At least he told you the truth, these guys are just as ravenous as a pawn shop clerks.
- - - - - - - - - - -
Quote by DJ Safari
blahblahblah

Oh It's DJ Safari. DJSafari, F*CK OFF.

seeneyj approved.
You want some more seeneyj hate? WELL YOU CAN'T HAVE IT

You're all a bunch of f*cking slaves! - Jim Morrison

UG Awards
1st: Biggest Ego
1st: Most Likely To Become Famous
1st: Most Pretentious User
Guitarcenter's pretty suckish. Craigslist ftw.

(no homo)
WARNING:
The above is most likely sarcasm, so fuck yourself if you're offended.
Quote by shavorules42
Hey look! An intelligent post!
Quote by WCPhils
One time I saw a religious person eating so I don't do that anymore.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
Save water. Drink alcohol.
Quote by King Donkey
And yeah, seriously, why didn't you just sell your equipment yourself, TS? You know that Guitar Center purposely gives you dirt cheap prices so they can make a profit, right?

That's like every store ever that buys used stuff.

I love GC, I always get hooked up. You guys who get bad experiences must be cunts to the employees
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Last edited by Horsedick.MPEG at Apr 1, 2012,
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
That's like every store ever that buys used stuff.

I love GC, I always get hooked up. You guys who get bad experiences must be cunts to the employees

Seriously. I always get at least 15% off, even on cheap stuff like strings and picks. If you can fake a smile and be nice to the employees, they'll do the same for you.
Quote by Wisthekiller
Seriously. I always get at least 15% off, even on cheap stuff like strings and picks. If you can fake a smile and be nice to the employees, they'll do the same for you.

I thought I was just lucky with the store near me, but I've been to several stores in several states and have always gotten hooked up. Idk what's wrong with these people.
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
I never go to places like GC, locally run stores only for the best experiences/down to earth real people

Oh, and always sell your gear yourself
Quote by Robchappers
Ha ha love you to dude ;-)

Quote by fearofthemark
10/10 Slater is amazing

Fender Deluxe Roadhouse Strat
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Washburn D46S
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Fulltone OCD Overdrive
Boss SD-1 Overdrive
MXR M-148 Micro Chorus
Jet City JCA2112RC 20W
Last edited by shredibanez24 at Apr 1, 2012,
Quote by jetfuel495
The guy at my local guitar center told me I'd be better off selling my gear on my own if I wanted to get any money out of it.

Nice guy.

i read that as beating off..

I went to a local store to order a bass & they said it'd arrive in store in 2 weeks. A month later I go back to check on the shipping status & it turns out they never ordered it.
Order & Justice
Order Restored, Justice Served
So I was working at GC today, I got hired two days ago. This dude walks in, he wants to trade in: an Epiphone, an Ibanez, and a Boss pedal. He wanted to get a Peavey Ultra tube head. The gear that he brought in were pretty beaten. Looked like the guy didn't even take care of his gear. So, I had to offer him some low deals. He got pissed at me, and told me that he'll keep the Epiphone, and sell the other stuff.

About thirty minutes or so, the machine for the paper work was acting up, I call the store that had the amp. They said that they could hold it for a down-payment. The guy, in a pissy tone said, "No, I'm buying it all now," so I called again, they told me that they sold it last week. The amp was still listed on the site, something that I couldn't control/or knew about, since I started two days ago. The guy then proceeded to yell at me to give him his stuff back, didn't even say, "please". After I gave him back all his gear; he walked out in a hissy fit. I think that he was about to cry or something, don't know.
To be vulnerable is needed most of all, if you intend to truly fall apart.

Quote by due 07
You have no idea how much I don't want to tell stories about my mother's vaginal slime on the internet.

I make music sometimes.
Last night it took an hour to trade in 2 pedals for $50 cash. There was a group of maybe 4 old white guys that must have brought a school of shitty guitar players with them. They were creeping throughout the store. I saw one of them playing to an Indian family. The poor guy that was trying to help me kept saying there gonna let the little 9 year old kid touch and play one of the high end guitars. The poor guy was clearly freaking out. The guy then had to call one of his other co-workers to help me because this old guy was just touching every high end guitar like he owned them. I think the clerk ended up telling me he had grabbed a $5000 guitar.

On top of all that the other 3 guys were just creeping people (at least me) out. One was swooning these black kids. Another one walked by some kid playing shit and turned the amp way up. Another one was just walking back and forth with guitars.

Theeeennnn, all these wigger couples started coming into the store. It must have been couples night last night at guitar center. They just kind of got in the way of everything and everybody. Like one guy picked up a BC. Rich then handed it to his girlfriend. Another couple just kinda stood near the pedals and looked at people. One of them left a $700, 8-string guitar on the floor. It was the most bizarre trip to Guitar Center I ever had last night. All the poor people that were actually trying to do business were stunned by the amount of stupidity at this place.
Quote by DJ Safari
No, I haven't.
And I don't give a shit if you're having a bad day, or sick of dealing with idiots, or if you think you're God's gift to retail and are surrounded by sheep; deal with it and do your job.

If you can't do the job you're being paid to do, **** off. You can be damn sure anytime some retail prick gives me shitty service, I'll go through the bother of staying an extra 30 minutes at the store to get his ass fired.

That's cute, you thinking he'd get fired. because you spent an extra half hour in the shop.
Quote by DJ Safari
No, I haven't.

As someone who has worked in retail I just want to say that you are the worst kind of person.
Testing out a semi-hollow gretsch, prepared to buy it, dickwad of an employee rips it out of my hands and says "The top shelf guitars are for serious players only" and walks away. Like what the ****, I was gonna buy it, it shouldn't matter if you consider me a good guitarist or not. I got a strat instead, though, and the manager gave me a free case, so it was alright.
Page 1 of 2