How can I make the clean sound on my 6505 sound better? Heard I should just get a chorus pedal. Anyone got any other ideas?
This depends entirely on the clean sound you desire, we don't know what kind of sound your after so its a little hard to help. Use a chorus pedal and a delay for a more lush sound (Think Devin Townsend). But in general just add a touch of reverb and a subtle amount of compression.
If you want a clean sound with some effects that make everything sound a little more full and shimmery, go with a chorus or a delay. ( My advise: take the TC Flashback, it's a delay pedal, but you can download sound out of the internet and get them on your pedal. You will find sounds that have a delay with a modulation like a chorus, so you don't have to get 2 pedals)

But if you want just a nicer clean channel without any effects just go with an EQ pedal (like the Boss GE-7). It does more than you think and you can get much better cleans out of your 6505, even if you got the 6505+ where the clean channel has its own EQ (wich is not really usefull in my opinion.)
Quote by iMokx

But if you want just a nicer clean channel without any effects just go with an EQ pedal (like the Boss GE-7). It does more than you think and you can get much better cleans out of your 6505, even if you got the 6505+ where the clean channel has its own EQ (wich is not really usefull in my opinion.)

Ive got a 6505 212 and its only got one EQ for both chanels so i run a boss GE-7 (equaliser) with it to give a much nicer tone, also push up the reverb, my 6505 has nice reverb
LOOK ANOTHER GENERIC SIGNATURE ABOUT MY GEAR AND STUFF
Ibanez P.O.S (modded RG)
ESP Horizon FR-II
ESP LTD H-308 (Ironing board with strings)

"A great man once said; "a great man once said""

Extend your range....7s 8s and more
A lot of guys use a touch of chorus to give it some life - just don't overdo it.
Get yourself a Quadraverb and throw it in the loop, they go really cheaply on Ebay these days. If you can't breathe a little life into it with a Quaddy it's dead, Jim. In case you don't know a Quadraverb has more than reverb, it's a time/mod laden classic.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
I'm not sure if this is recommended for the 6505, but you could always swap the phase inverter tube with something lower gain, like a 12AT7. That may help somewhat, but again, with your amp, I can't say for certain.

(I know I'll be trying it with my amp when I get the chance)
Maximum volume yields maximum goats.
^^I run a 12AT7 in V1. (6505+ combo). It definitely helped the cleans, because it doesn't breakup quite as easily. But it also helped everything else as well; smoother gain and less high-end fizz. There is so much gain on tap with that amp, you don't need a 12AX7 in V1.

But here's what I do to get a good clean tone out of my 6505:

Use the neck pickup, and preferably not a very hot pickup. Secondly, eq the rhythm channel for cleans, not for crunch. It's very difficult to get a perfect eq for both, so I set mine to optimize the cleans and then use my TS-9 to give the crunch a little kick, when I want that sound. But mostly I just use the lead channel for all distortion tones. It might be different if I was more concerned about rock or classic rock tone.

Secondly, get yourself a reverb pedal that has some modulation features. I tried a chorus pedal alone and while it certainly helped, I don't like a very strong chorus sound -- I prefer it to not color the tone too much but just add a little shimmer.

So I sold that and bought a Hall of Fame reverb, and that really brought the cleans to life. It has a modulation mode that combines chorus with reverb, and that sounds very good. However, the chorus on that mode was still a little fast for me, so I checked out some of the toneprints from TC's site. Well, I found one that adds this really slow but large-depth chorus to the reverb trailoff, and it's one of the most haunting tones I've ever heard. Perfect for my cleans.

There are several other reverb pedals on the market that also add some modulation/chorus.

Thirdly, you really have to watch your picking dynamics with the 6505+. If you dig in too much, expect some breakup -- that's all there is to it; it's a high gain amp. But you CAN get beautiful cleans out of them, I promise. I'll try to get a recording today of some clean stuff...