Hello,

I'm in serious need of a new amp.

Here is what I need:

• Budget max $1000US
  • Needs to be able to play reasonable sized gigs (nothing huge, I'm not at all popular)
  • I play rock, mostly alternative, Indie, etc. Similar to Arctic Monkeys, The Strokes, Black Keys, but also some older sounds, like Zeppeling, Rolling Stones, The Who, and so on.
  • New or used, it doesn't really matter
  • I live in Perth, Australia, so options are kind of limited to the larger brands, there aren't many boutique makes available (and shipping costs a buttload)
  • So you know, I currently use a Roland Cube 30x

Thank you!
yay for Indie Rock! I thought I was the only one on these boards to play these bands!!

Go for a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe or Deville! That's what The Strokes use since 2000 A great TS with that (go for Visual sound) and you're all set !!
What you really want is a wall of MG15DFXs, maybe 16 24 or 32 of them.
fender deluxe reverb
Fender Strat Deluxe
Fender MexiStrat
Epiphone Sheritan
Ibanez Artcore
Fender Twin Reverb silverface
Roland JC120
Pedals

Quote by CaptainAmerican
I would recommend the marshal MG100

Very versatile and quality sound. It should treat you well
Maybe a Vox AC30? As far as I know you can get some awsome classic rock tones and idie tones as well...
Quote by NeXEkho
What you really want is a wall of MG15DFXs, maybe 16 24 or 32 of them.

This sounds like a really good idea.

But as for those serious suggestions, they're really expensive in Aus anything a bit cheaper please?
Last edited by Telecaster7 at Apr 1, 2012,
This one would be worth it. Not the best Marshall ever and can use some modding but will do what you want quite adequately. I'd query him about that postage cost. Seems a little excessive
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Marshall-JCM900-50W-Hi-Gain-Master-Volume-MkII-Guitar-Combo-Amplifier-/260992372570?pt=AU_Amplifiers&hash=item3cc45b8f5a#ht_500wt_1204

This would do beautifully. Not as loud and you'll need a cab, a 2x12 would do. I'd want to see some photos of the guts myself. He doesn't show the bottom of the chassis. Looks good though.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/18-Watt-Marshall-1974x-Ceriatone-Clone-TMB-Hand-Wired-Tube-Amp-/140730839766?pt=AU_Amplifiers&hash=item20c43632d6#ht_500wt_1204

If you can find an AC30 in your budget that would also be a fine choice.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Last edited by Cathbard at Apr 1, 2012,
nice fenders and the ac30 can be acquired for under a grand if you get them used. if not you can look into things like the ac15, or the fender hot rod like mentioned before. i don't particularly care for them but i know people like the peavey classic 30s as well
Fender Strat Deluxe
Fender MexiStrat
Epiphone Sheritan
Ibanez Artcore
Fender Twin Reverb silverface
Roland JC120
Pedals

Quote by CaptainAmerican
I would recommend the marshal MG100

Very versatile and quality sound. It should treat you well
He Wants Teh Laney!
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Since most of the stuff you like is mid to low gain, I really have to recommend trying a Carvin Legacy I or something. They're DIRT cheap used and LOUD, and have some great options on there. 50/100 watt switch, el34/6L6 switch. The cleans play well with pedals, and they just sound good. If your dealer has the legacy 1 or 2 in stock, they'll probably want to move it for the legacy III.

I realize you're in Australia, but Carvin might have a dealership there.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra