I'm a little embarassed by the fact that this happens to me. I've been playing for about 5 years now, and every time I strum for a while, the picks falls out of my hand. I'm using a Dunlop Tortex 0,5mm on a Taylor GS mini with Elixir strings. Is there a special technique to hold the pick? Or should I get a pick with better grip?
Hole punch or run them with some sand paper buddy.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Uh, try and hold the pick between the pad of your thumb and the area of your index finger in between your 2nd and 3rd knuckles.
That's really all I can think of, that's how I hold the pick.
Quote by GuitarGod_92
when I die of a brain aneurysm I want it on record that its the film threads fault

Quote by GuitarGod_92
Movies are all bad every last one of them

Quote by yope
Fungus has a right to exist. It's a valid life form.
Try the Dunlop Gator Grips.

Also if you don't already, try tucking in all your other fingers instead of haveing them loose or flailing around. That helps apply more force from the rest of your hand to oppose the force coming from your thumb, and can reduce overall fatigue. You can find Paul Gilbert videos on YouTube where he advocates that technique.
Quote by jetwash69
Try the Dunlop Gator Grips.

Although I do love Gator Grips, to be honest the grip aspect of them is only valid for like a day until the powder wears off.
REGGIE
Quote by LeakyFlask
Although I do love Gator Grips, to be honest the grip aspect of them is only valid for like a day until the powder wears off.

Well, the maximum effectiveness of them dimishes, but it's still a more textured surface and works better for me than others, even after years of using them. I'm still on my first bag of the 2.0 mm I bought a number of years ago. YMMV...
Quote by jetwash69
Well, the maximum effectiveness of them dimishes, but it's still a more textured surface and works better for me than others, even after years of using them. I'm still on my first bag of the 2.0 mm I bought a number of years ago. YMMV...

You have picks for YEARS without losing them? Even if I'm sitting still when dropping a pick it seems to always flick itself across the room and lodge itself under some furniture.
REGGIE
Quote by LeakyFlask

Wrong, I don't know what are those things made of but the grip last's until pick is a little piece of s#it. I had the same problem as OP and now I use those picks exclusively. Great option indeed.

Mesa Royal Atlantic
Emperor 4x12 Silver Bells
PRS Swamp Ash Limited Custom 24
EQD Acapulco Gold
MXR Carbon Copy
EHX Epitome
EHX Superego
Fuzz Hugger Algal Bloom
Way Huge Fat Sandwich
+1 for the gator grips. I bought a pack a year ago and still have half the pack. The tip of the pick wears down much faster then the texture.
Try practicing while gripping the pick as hard as you can as much as you can. That'll train your finger muscles to auto-death-grip
Clayton Picks make some sticky pick thingy called Pick Tac, I think that's what it's called.
PRS SE Custom 24 w/ Seymour Duncan JB and Jazz Pickups
Squire Classic Vibe Stratocaster

Digitech Bad Monkey

Pignose 7100 Legendary Amplifyer
I use jazz picks, which are roundish, almost stone shaped picks....very smooth too. I tape them with hockey tape. You know, that fabric-y stuff. Works great!
Quote by lucky1978
+1 for the gator grips. I bought a pack a year ago and still have half the pack. The tip of the pick wears down much faster then the texture.
Try practicing while gripping the pick as hard as you can as much as you can. That'll train your finger muscles to auto-death-grip

No.
Don't do that.
You don't wanna tense anything up.