In the last few Days i was jamming pretty much with my bass and also experimented with some sounds. Then i turned up the bass completely and recognized, that the sound was kind of fuzzy, like if i had distortion on it.... Is that normal??
I really have no idea, so please help!!!

BuendelLuchs121
Turn it down some. If it goes away, you were probably playing it too loudly. I get some distortion on the low end if I turn my practice amp all the way up. It doesn't do it with my stage gear. My practice amp just can't quite handle it if I crank the volume to 10 and turn my bass all the way up.
Bass settings? Amp settings?

Do you normally play with the volume controls on the guitar all the way up? If not, is that what you changed?

Does the amp have variable gain? EQ settings?

Need more info!
Gibson SG Special 60s Tribute
Boss TU-3, NS-2, CS-3, OD-3, CE-5
Ibanez DL10
Fender Blues Junior III
Delta Blue 5 string resonator banjo
Aria Pro II Passive P-J Bass
Aria Pro II Active Music Man Bass
Laney BC-120 Bass Combo
was it making that noise all the time or only when you had played a note?
DONT RISK IT, BUY A BASS AMP
the first thing is to check the battery, assuming the bass is active
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
I know its dumb, but make sure your distiortion is totally off. I have, on a few occasions, forgot to turn it all the way down, turned on, started playing, and said "the **** does it sound like that?!"
Quote by Stranglehold
That's it, you're all banned.

Quote by stevebomb
If I wanted to listen to something slow, I'd play some hippie music.
Quote by BuendelLuchs121
In the last few Days i was jamming pretty much with my bass and also experimented with some sounds. Then i turned up the bass completely and recognized, that the sound was kind of fuzzy, like if i had distortion on it.... Is that normal??
I really have no idea, so please help!!!

BuendelLuchs121

I don't know if you are actually aware you made this thread still, but do you mean you turned your bass knob on the amp all the way up? or your bass guitars volume?

Sometimes a lot of bass and a lot of gain (like a small practice amp maxed) will give a clipped sound. Everyone else has great places to check, but it just seemed kind of vague when you said bass.