I just don't understand.

Being fat is such a grotesque disease, how do you not do everything in your power to prevent it?
Do people not notice? Are people so dumbed down and pathetic that they don't care?

If your penis slowly started rotting wouldn't you notice? So how come you don't notice how you're getting fatter, and slowling turning into a sub-human, grotesque monster?
Because it feels oh so good

Actually iunno, I'd imagine it'd feel terrible.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
Quote by DJ Safari
I just don't understand.

Being fat is such a grotesque disease, how do you not do everything in your power to prevent it?
Do people not notice? Are people so dumbed down and pathetic that they don't care?

If your penis slowly started rotting wouldn't you notice? So how come you don't notice how you're getting fatter, and slowling turning into a sub-human, grotesque monster?

You obviously didn't notice.

Buuuurn.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
I smoke about a pack a day I know its wasting my money, causing social problems, ruining my lungs but I carry on because nicotine is nice. I imagine it's similar with fat people and cake combined with a slow metabolism.
SMILE!
Quote by Mr.DeadDuck
I smoke about a pack a day I know its wasting my money, causing social problems, ruining my lungs but I carry on because nicotine is nice. I imagine it's similar with fat people and cake combined with a slow metabolism.

This. Sugar, fat and salt are all highly addictive. So basically unhealthy food is addictive. And a lot of people are seriously f*cking lazy
My Soundcloud
Always up for some C4C, been compared to Frank Turner, The Cure's Robert Smith and Bruce Springsteen so check out my stuff if you like the sound of that
Quote by slapsymcdougal

You're saying that frontbutt isn't hawt?

I can't tell if that's the front or back.
Go read up on the psychology behind it, TS.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Quote by Mr.DeadDuck

Commercial tobacco has additives in it which make it one of the hardest drugs to quit on the planet, yet still has less societal cost than obesity. I have trouble getting my head around fat people... all those extra bits hanging off them... it confuses me.
Quote by Deliriumbassist

My two pennies- theory. Learn it.
Skills. Get them.
Hair. Grow it to your ass.

Quote by Dempsey68
i can only keep it up for about 30 seconds before my fingers cramp up =[

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
Sorry, but because you listen to Tool doesn't mean you're intelligent.
Because you become complacent in that lifestyle. It's more fun (to some) to sit around and eat ice cream and chips and pizza and what have you than vegetables and fruits and watch your calorie intake. Or, it's just gradual enough to where you don't notice until it is severe enough.

And yeah, after losing weight I could never be fat again. I just get sad and disgusted now.
Quote by Mr.DeadDuck
slow metabolism.

The actual percentage of the population which has a 'slow metabolism' (e.g; hypothyroidism, leptin deficiency, etc) is a very small number (10 people out of every 5000 according to the Mayo Clinic, of those 10, 9 being women)

So it's just people eating too much and too badly
Quote by WantsLesPaul
I care I have lost about 10kgs since last summer so far just by eating less and I started doing cardio about a 3 weeks ago.

good job man. it's a shame you got there in the first place, but good on you for realizing it and bettering yourself
Quote by jwizzle5786
Because you become complacent in that lifestyle. It's more fun (to some) to sit around and eat ice cream and chips and pizza and what have you than vegetables and fruits and watch your calorie intake. Or, it's just gradual enough to where you don't notice until it is severe enough.

And yeah, after losing weight I could never be fat again. I just get sad and disgusted now.

The bold part is extremely true.
I make house muuuusic!
www.soundcloud.com/sean-garfola

My Gear:
Schecter Tempest custom
Pro Co Rat Duecetone Distortion
Boss Space Echo
Boss Super Chorus
Line 6 Verbzilla
Digitech Jam-man
Peavey ValveKing 212
Sedentary lifestyles, the prevalence of fatty unhealthy food, and lack of self-discipline.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
When I was younger I had no idea of portion control, so I would eat a whole box's make of mashed potatoes myself. I just had the mindset that if I wasn't full then I wasn't done eating. I've since managed my weight by eating healthier (actually healthier than most of my skinny friends), working out (something I never did when I was a kid), and just eating less in general. Not necessarily starving myself but just doing something else when I'm bored and near the kitchen. But there are those people who just know no morals when it comes to health.
ITT: Grotesque pictures of morbidly obese Americans.
By liking food that actually tastes awful. They somehow find fatty, mechanically processed, artificially chemically preserved, genetically modified, salty, sugary, repulsive food to taste nice.
Maybe it's not metabolism then what I mean is that as a teenager with little exercise you can eat what the hell you like but you hit 28-30 a beer gut pops up overnight and to stop it you have to break 10-15 year old habits.
SMILE!
Quote by CrimsonBizzare
By liking food that actually tastes awful. They somehow find fatty, mechanically processed, artificially chemically preserved, genetically modified, salty, sugary, repulsive food to taste nice.

nah, it tastes great.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
I have a friend who was pretty fat. It was bad, and getting worse. I never really noticed him getting fat, it was a pretty gradual thing. It got to the point where it was ridiculous though. That's when he decided to do something about it. He stopped eating junk and started exercising. He dropped about 80 pounds of fat and gained who knows much much weight in muscle in about 6 months. This doesn't have anything to do with how people get fat, but I found his whole transformation to be amazing. It really shows that you can loose the weight as long as you actually work for it and aren't a lazy jackass.
Quote by CrimsonBizzare

because the taste of food is completely objective
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
I was 265 pounds 2 years ago. Currently 180.

I got to that stage going zero exercise apart from wanking, and eating a mcdonalds with an extra double cheeseburger and donut incase i got hungry.

I lost it by a) increasing metabolism b) maintaining blood sugar c)eating 1200 cals per day
Definitely not by eating, so lets totally rule food out of the obesity issue.
WARNING:
The above is most likely sarcasm, so fuck yourself if you're offended.
Quote by shavorules42
Hey look! An intelligent post!
Quote by WCPhils
One time I saw a religious person eating so I don't do that anymore.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
Save water. Drink alcohol.
I have to say that I let myself go for awhile. I never got "fat", as I would describe it, but most certainly became unhappy with my appearance. In my case (and I'm sure it differs) it stemmed from changing my activity habits. That is, they decreased phenomenally. I've always been good about my diet--I don't eat fast food. I don't even like it. I make sure I'm not getting more calories than I use, etc. etc.

But for the longest time I was getting way more calories than I used. All it takes is a little exercise to combat that. I took a step further, and began doing 50 mins of cardio for 5 days a week. For awhile, I was losing 2.5lbs a week, and it wasn't even that hard. All you have to do is work off the energy before it's stored as fat.

tl;dr - I can see how people become fat. It's relatively easy to do, but very easy to combat.

Quote by Sir-Shredalot
I was 265 pounds 2 years ago. Currently 180.

I got to that stage going zero exercise apart from wanking, and eating a mcdonalds with an extra double cheeseburger and donut incase i got hungry.

I lost it by a) increasing metabolism b) maintaining blood sugar c)eating 1200 cals per day

I believe that's what it all comes down to. Each person, depending on age, weight, height, and all that good stuff, has their own recommended daily calorie consumption. You work around that number to decide how much you need to eat and exercise to gain or lose weight.

Quote by CrimsonBizzare

Honestly, that stuff doesn't matter as much as you think. Preservatives can be bad, and so can an unbalanced amount of carbohydrates and fat. But it boils down to *energy consumption - energy usage = whether or not you're over/underweight*
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Last edited by eGraham at Apr 1, 2012,
Quote by DJ Safari
I just don't understand.

Some of it's metabolism (I've run aboot 3 miles a day for years and I'm still a little chubby around the belly), some of it's upbringing (e.g., some people are brought up in homes where they're fed KFC every other day), and some of it is overeating driven by shame because they live in a culture full of shallow dicks that wear their superficiality on their sleeve as if judging people solely based on their weight were a good thing.

But hey, fat people can get thinner by getting on a treadmill. Seems as if you're pretty much stuck being an asshole with a superiority complex. Have fun with that.
I gained 50 pounds over the course of four years and was at 250 (I'm 6'4", 21, and built, so 200 is about my optimal weight) so i was getting a tad bit chunky. It just happens and you notice one day I think. So over the past six months I've worked out and ate healthy and lost all of that weight. You just have to have the mindset you are going to do something. I set my mind on getting back into top shape, and here I am. Anyone can do it, and anyone can gain weight if they don't pay attention.
Last edited by Chad11491 at Apr 1, 2012,