so im planning on getitng a power supply as now i have 4 pedals...soon to go to 6. what are the best, cheap daisy chains - its ok if i keep it at only 5 pedals...i could just use one of my normal adapters for the 6th.

http://www.thomann.de/gb/harley_benton_powerplant_junior.htm
this seems good and cheap but is it any good or are there anby better alternative...i dont have much to spend.

i do know that most tuner pedals have the ability to act as a daisy chain...how good are they at doing this? also will it add any excess noise

my pedals include boss ds-2, ibanez wh-10, ehx lpb-1 and neo clone and will include a tuner of some sort and an ehx muff (not sure which yet) and all them are all the same polarity. but maybe the specific pedals or brand doesnt go well with daisy chains?

thanks a lot
Just get a One Spot, and the 8 daisy chain thing.

That thing looks fancy, but it's really nothing special at all - what matters is if it's isolated or not. At that price, I can guarantee that that PowerPlant is not isolated. The only reason to get one and not a One Spot is because it looks better. But I'd get the One Spot just to have 8 plugs, rather than be limited to 5.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Didn't see that.

It may be.

I just find it extremely hard to believe at that price.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
i know it claims to be. and it looks suspiciously like the t-rex fuel tank junior which is.

i have them... my first one was faulty, but the next one i got sent was fine. it does seem pretty heavy (which, while nowhere near conclusive, it wouldn't have to be were it not isolated). and it also says a max of 120mA per outlet (again, nowhere near conclusive, but if it were just a daisy chain in a box, as far as i'm aware, all that would matter would be the total current draw).

I suspect it maybe is isolated, in other words (the other thomann power supply at a similar price doesn't claim to be, for example), but i'd agree that, at that price, it's worth being suspicious.

Bear in mind it'll have a euro plug, you'll need an adaptor (you can get them on amazon for a couple of quid). EDIT: oh right you're in malta. maybe you use the euro plugs already
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I use a One Spot with my mxr ten band eq and use the standard plug with it. Is that gonna screw it up if its supposed to be 18V? It works fine with the standard plug.
Isolated outputs are overrated. Unless you have some positive internal ground pedals you don't need them. If you are generating a nice clean regulated DC then you can chain heaps off it before you'll hear any noise and that noise is due to the length of the wiring - well you still have the long runs even if they do have their own output to hang off.
I won't recommend any particular power supply because the day I can't build a decent 9v DC supply is the day I check myself into a nursing home and wait for death.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Dave_Mc
i know it claims to be. and it looks suspiciously like the t-rex fuel tank junior which is.

i have them... my first one was faulty, but the next one i got sent was fine. it does seem pretty heavy (which, while nowhere near conclusive, it wouldn't have to be were it not isolated). and it also says a max of 120mA per outlet (again, nowhere near conclusive, but if it were just a daisy chain in a box, as far as i'm aware, all that would matter would be the total current draw).

I suspect it maybe is isolated, in other words (the other thomann power supply at a similar price doesn't claim to be, for example), but i'd agree that, at that price, it's worth being suspicious.

Bear in mind it'll have a euro plug, you'll need an adaptor (you can get them on amazon for a couple of quid). EDIT: oh right you're in malta. maybe you use the euro plugs already

no we use the 3-pin like in england...pain inthe ass as all my amps are euro plug. but i have quite a few adapters so i should be ok. as long as it doesnt have any reliability issues like blowing up im happy...what iwant to know mainly is if it would damage my pedals in any way. i heard (i have no experience of this, just something i read which i presume is wrong) that ehx dont take daisy chains very well. is this true?
I use a One Spot with my mxr ten band eq and use the standard plug with it. Is that gonna screw it up if its supposed to be 18V? It works fine with the standard plug.
Quote by '93
no we use the 3-pin like in england...pain inthe ass as all my amps are euro plug. but i have quite a few adapters so i should be ok. as long as it doesnt have any reliability issues like blowing up im happy...what iwant to know mainly is if it would damage my pedals in any way. i heard (i have no experience of this, just something i read which i presume is wrong) that ehx dont take daisy chains very well. is this true?

oh ok

i have no idea about ehx, sorry
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?