I just rewired my HSS strat since it was having some problems with sound cutting out.
In the past i had the bridge HB switched for a Crunch Lab and the neck pickup switched with an Air Norton S. I wired it with this configuration

http://www.dimarzio.com/sites/default/files/diagrams/hsh3dpdt_1v1t_2dpdtsplit.pdf

When i rewired the strat i switched out the stock cap for a .047 Orange drop. I play through a Carvin V3 100 watt head and suddenly the distortion channels seem much harsher. Their uncontrollably trebly and pretty much sound like mud. Is this a problem with the Cap i put in or could there be something else to blame (like bad wiring)?
Probably the cap, but it could just be the sounds of the new pickups.
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
Quote by stonyman65
Probably the cap, but it could just be the sounds of the new pickups.

Well i switched the pickups a while ago and it sounded fine, the only thing i changed recently was the cap
then that is what it is.
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.