Get in here! I'm going to Ireland in mid-May, and I want to know what I should really make an effort to see/visit, etc. I'll be going with my family, and I have no idea where we're flying into.

Buuut, my sister and I will have a car to ourselves so we can basically do whatever. So along with getting drunk with some natives, what is really a must-see in Ireland?
Go to any small Irish town. Drink the Guinness in the smallest pub you can find.
And stay there. It will be the greatest Guinness you will ever have.

(..and you could go to Dublin and see the sights too I guess... and go to see the Cliffs of Moher, The Burren and the Giant's Causeway - they're probably our most impressive natural landmarks. The Cliffs of Moher and the Burren are quite close to each other, but the Giant's Causeway is very much out of the way of the others.)
Nice. The holy land. Home of Guinness and Potatoes...
1. The SG stands for “solid guitar.”
We actually got Potatoes from America by Sir Walter Raleigh, we just put them to good use :P

Dublin is a must. Kerry is probably the most beautiful place to be. And if you want to enjoy the traditional culture head to Connemara (Galway/Mayo etc.)

Music-wise - most gigs are held in Dublin, but there's live music held in most pubs throughout the country.

I know your from America and all, and no-offense, but try not to sound too stereotypical american? There will be the odd few people who'll be your typical Irish racist, but they're mostly wasters getting money off the Government :P

The rest of us are grand though Cead mile failte
The Bushmills Distillery

Do it or quit the pit
Uncle aciD

&

The deadbeatS

Do What Your Love Tells You
Quote by michaelwalsh123
Go to any small Irish town. Drink the Guinness in the smallest pub you can find.

(..and you could go to Dublin and see the sights too I guess... and go to see the Cliffs of Moher, The Burren and the Giant's Causeway - they're probably our most impressive natural landmarks. The Cliffs of Moher and the Burren are quite close to each other, but the Giant's Causeway is very much out of the way of the others.)

BOSWELL. "Is not the Giant's-Causeway worth seeing?" JOHNSON. "Worth seeing, yes; but not worth going to see."

Quote by michaelwalsh123

Except that it's still a Guinness.

Hardly the best Ireland has to offer if we're being honest here.
Quote by daytripper75
I'm relieved you didn't just post Metallica.

Even though there's is the best version
Quote by daytripper75
I'm relieved you didn't just post Metallica.

Why would I? It's like the worst version of that song. My favorite is the one Jerry Garcia and David Grisman did, though it's not exactly "Irish" at all.

Quote by Piñata
Even though there's is the best version

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhbvwBbLbYk

That goes for your opinion and your grammar.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.