Hate the tone I'm getting right now, need your help.

Budget - $750

Genres? - Ska punk. I need nice cleans and well defined (not muddy) punk distortion.

New or Used? - I'd prefer new since there isn't much used stuff to find in the local area

Home or Gig? - I'll be using it for both but i could compromise bedroom volume quality for band practice/gig quality. So gig.

Closest City? - Urbana, can also look at used stuff in Chicago

Current Gear? - Ibanez RG3EXFM1, Vox VT40+

I'm looking for a good amp/pickup combo for ska punk stuff. I had an alright one in my Marshall DSL 401 combo but the distortion wasnt quite great and the amp broke down often so I sold it recently. My Vox VT40+ sounds really muddy and has no good settings for playing punk so I'll probably be selling it to fund this amp too. I have no idea what would be good. I've tried a Marshall TSL60 i found on CL but it sounded just like my DSL 401 kinda muddy and underwhelming.

I'll also be needing to replace my pickups in the ibanez. Right now I'm planning on putting a phat cat in the neck but have no idea for the bridge. Any ideas are welcome I can spend like 200 for the pair.
Can you name a few ska punk bands that you like? That'll help narrow it down a bit.
Reel Big Fish, Suburban Legends, Suicide Machines. Also NOFX and Bad religion though those are just punk.
NOFX and Bad Religion both use Mesa Rectos.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
NOFX and Bad Religion both use Mesa Rectos.

triple my budget...
Not so if you go used

Mesa Royal Atlantic
Emperor 4x12 Silver Bells
PRS Swamp Ash Limited Custom 24
EQD Acapulco Gold
MXR Carbon Copy
EHX Epitome
EHX Superego
Fuzz Hugger Algal Bloom
Way Huge Fat Sandwich
I know Aaron Barret uses a Marshal JCM900. I think you can find one of those in your price range. I like to play a bit of ska and I use a Peavey Classic 30. I think it gets a pretty good clean sound and the distortion's pretty good too. You may want a distortion pedal though because it's mainly a classic rock, blues and country amp. Also, if you're playing live it won't be loud enough clean unless you're miced. It tends to break up fairly early.
JCM900 is always a safe option for pretty much anything with the word punk in it. They sell pretty cheap too. An SL/X is what you want if you can find one but any 900 will get the job done.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
cant seem to find an SLX anywhere except ebay but I think I'll be looking for either that or a sovtek mig