I've been playing in drop d a lot more often. What are some good songs to play in drop d on bass that aren't just root-and-fifth kinda stuff? Hard Rock, Metal, mainstream, just anything rockin' with a good bass line
ESP/LTD F-50
1989 Kramer Showster
Rogue RADH Acoustic
Fender CD-60 Acoustic
Washburn XB-100 4 string
Peavey Millenium AC BXP
Fender Rumble 150
Crate BV60H Head
Crate BV412 Cab
Vox AD15VT
Without knowing your skill level, I would say a good band to play stuff from is Avenged Sevenfold. When I first started playing bass, I tackled their catalog, and the fact that their songs vary in skill level, you'll have material to work on for a long time. I recommend, to start with, CHapter Four if you aren't that experienced, and if you are do something like Second Heartbeat. They are really fun to play though!
Ah, forgot to mention that. My skill level is intermediate to advanced.
ESP/LTD F-50
1989 Kramer Showster
Rogue RADH Acoustic
Fender CD-60 Acoustic
Washburn XB-100 4 string
Peavey Millenium AC BXP
Fender Rumble 150
Crate BV60H Head
Crate BV412 Cab
Vox AD15VT
a few Dream Theater songs, Trivium plus alot of The Fall Of Troy. especially considering your skill level!
Quote by Trowzaa
Why do you and your mates all drive old vehicles?
Please say you've got mates with old ambulances and fire engines too. That'd be brilliant.
Well then i would definitely say go with like Second Heartbeat or Burn it Down or something. Even if A7x isn't your kind of band, they bass parts are still fun as hell if you just like to rock out. I'm not as big into them as i used to be but i still find myself using their songs for warm-ups and such. Their earlier stuff has an element of hardcore to it that makes it really good for practicing your meter.

Edit: Oh yes Fall of Troy as well!
Last edited by jbridge90 at Apr 1, 2012,

Did I cover all of them?
Yup, that's the complete list above.
Quote by Banjocal
sht up u flthy librl foogit stfu u soo mad n butthurdt ur ass is an analpocolypse cuz ur so gay "my ass hrts so mcuh" - u. your rectally vexed n anlly angushed lolo go bck 2 asslnd lolol
Eyes set to kill. And you can do some immortal ones even they play in standard D.
Quote by Stranglehold
That's it, you're all banned.

Quote by stevebomb
If I wanted to listen to something slow, I'd play some hippie music.
Hey Man, Nice Shot - Filter.
It's pretty easy but its still fun to play...
Quote by Basswithapick-1
Early Lamb of God Songs..

Practically all Lamb of God songs
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
Not necessarily the hardest songs, but Enter Shikari and Interpol do (almost) all their songs in Drop-D
Most (if not all) Enter Shikari songs are in either drop C# or C
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
Killing in the Name - Rage Against the Machine
"What do you call a sheep with no legs?
.....a cloud!"
~Flea