I've recently upgraded my Schecter Hellraiser Solo 6 FR with a Tremol-no system and the EVH D Tuna.

All of it works perfectly, except the D Tuna is too long and blocks the Floyd Rose from bending up very far at all (not even a 1/2 step).
So to combat this I deliberately unbalanced it so there is more tension from the strings than the springs raising the Floyd Rose from the body allowing me to bend up further than I was previously able to.

So I was wondering will I encounter any problems later on having it off balance? I can still dive down til the strings are sloppy.

Another concern I have is that I use Ernie Ball Skinny Top/Heavy Bottom strings on this guitar. With that there is more tension from the bottom strings than the top strings, will this warp my Floyd Rose? If so, is there a way I can fix this?
as pac_man said
EVH D-tuna guitars are not designed to use the trem to bend up. only dive
D-TUNAS cant be used in a trem that pulls up, so in a simple answer, you've screwed your trem
I've realised this, haha
But will I have negative effects from unbalancing my trem? Like is it much of a problem or is a "OMGZ FIX DAT SHIZ!!" sort of problem?
Of course there's no emergency, just when you use the D-tuna it won't be balanced anymore and the rest of the strings will go sharp.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
so much negativity in this thread.

I noticed strings break/slip easier when the floyd is not balanced. it all depends on how unbalanced it is. about how many degrees is it out?

I always wanted to build a guitar with the D-tuna, and was thinking of making one, where the recess goes longer for that low E.

again, not sure why this got so much hate.
Guys, he has a tremol-no. Don't you guys know what that is?
I'm up for building you a pedal.
(Or modding nearly anything moddable)
(PM Me.)
Quote by MartialLawband

I noticed strings break/slip easier when the floyd is not balanced. it all depends on how unbalanced it is. about how many degrees is it out?

I always wanted to build a guitar with the D-tuna, and was thinking of making one, where the recess goes longer for that low E.

Negativity is a valid response to something that won't work

Making a longer recess for the D-Tuna won't change a thing.

It's simple.

the D-Tuna does one thing and one thing only - it drops the tuning of the low E.
This will lower the tension of the bottom string, so if you use one on a recessed trem the bridge is going to dive and mess up your tuning. On an non-recessed trem it doesn't matter, because there's nowhere for the bridge to go on account of there being a big chunk of wood in the way.

Having the bridge unbalanced is bad for the bridge, particularly the knife edges on the trem, but to be honest this has less to do with the bridge being balanced or not, it's the fact that when the bridge moves that far all your strings are completely out of tune. Sure, you could re-tune them, but that completetely defeats the point of the D-Tuna o_O

The Tremel-no won't really change anything either, because for the tuning to remain stable with the D-Tuna engaged you'd still need to have the tremel-no set to dive-only mode!

In short, ditch the D-Tuna because you can't use it on that guitar.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by MartialLawband

I'm guessing around 15 degrees? Just enough to bend up a decent amount.

Yes, I noticed with new strings they slip easier if they're not stretched to begin with, mainly with the wound strings, to combat this I striped the ends so the wound part wouldn't cause them to slip.

Building a longer cavity would be useful, then you would be able to balance the Floyd no problem. The only reason I haven't done that is because it is a limited edition guitar and the value would be decreased significantly.

As for the hate, I don't exactly understand either, I just asked a question, haha

Quote by steven seagull
Negativity is a valid response to something that won't work

Making a longer recess for the D-Tuna won't change a thing.

It's simple.

the D-Tuna does one thing and one thing only - it drops the tuning of the low E.
This will lower the tension of the bottom string, so if you use one on a recessed trem the bridge is going to dive and mess up your tuning. On an non-recessed trem it doesn't matter, because there's nowhere for the bridge to go on account of there being a big chunk of wood in the way.

Having the bridge unbalanced is bad for the bridge, particularly the knife edges on the trem, but to be honest this has less to do with the bridge being balanced or not, it's the fact that when the bridge moves that far all your strings are completely out of tune. Sure, you could re-tune them, but that completetely defeats the point of the D-Tuna o_O

The Tremel-no won't really change anything either, because for the tuning to remain stable with the D-Tuna engaged you'd still need to have the tremel-no set to dive-only mode!

In short, ditch the D-Tuna because you can't use it on that guitar.

Yes, but however...

When the D-Tuna is in, the Floyd is fully floating. I can do everything as I did before.
However when I go to D, I make it dive only, allowing me to still use it to a degree.
Better than just having it full floating in standard only.

I have no problems with this set up and I've been using it for the past few days successfully.

It save me having to buy another guitar, so yeah, I'm happy with it