You guys ever heard of this before? I've always just seen fixed bridges on 8s, but I recently saw a Schecter with an 8 string Floyd.
That Schecter has (I believe) been advertised as the first guitar to feature an 8-string Floyd tremolo.
They're out there. Don't expect to find it cheap, however, not that you'd want to in the first place.
Quote by BledGhostWhite
You guys ever heard of this before? I've always just seen fixed bridges on 8s, but I recently saw a Schecter with an 8 string Floyd.

Have fun trying to tune that if you ever find one to buy
Serious thought though, if it takes 4 springs to hold down my .11s in Db standard, how many springs would it take to deal with 8 strings on an extended scale neck? I don't reckon 5 springs would cope!
they're out there. tried an ESP with an 8string kahler on it a while back, it was pretty cool.

the schecter is pretty good, though I can't imagine trying to tune the damn thing up!
Have fun trying to tune that if you ever find one to buy

On that note, the Schecter website says that it is tuned to E standard (w/ added B and F# strings). How is that even possible with a 28" scale? o.O
Kahler has a production trem, Agile have a couple issued on their models. And as aforementioned Schecter have just started using the Floyd 8 string variant, i expect it will be more common soon.

^
Also E standard isn't that hard over a 28" scale, it just might make bends a little harder in the upper register that's all.
Last edited by hmmm_de_hum at Apr 2, 2012,
Why would you want a floyd at an 8 string? Sure gives you a lot of possibilities but if your turn one wrong screw, you'll have to reset your guitar completly!!!
Satan laughes as you eternaly rott
E standard with 10s on 27 ain't hard, switch to 9/9.5 strings on a 28 and it would be pretty comfortable.