So yeah, I've got a Epiphone SG with my Line 6 75 Watt spyder. And I was wondering if there was a way to change the tone of my guitar from clean to distorted without a distortion pedal cause 1, I'm too poor to get a new distortion pedal, and 2, I love the distortion on my amp

Thanks in ahead
You could buy one of the floorboards from Line6. Check their website. I think they're called FBV express or something like that.
They'll allow you to change presets.
Things with strings:
Ibanez J.Custom, Prestiges, RG8, SR5 bass etc
LP's, Strat, Tele
Noiseboxes:
ENGL Retro Tube 50
5150 III 50W
Orange Terror Bass
You can turn the volume down on your guitar and not pick the strings as hard. If you like the distortion on the amp you can get a MKII Line 6 pedal for it that can change all the FX/Channels. But that's gonna cost more than your standard boss pedal!
Your amp has several tones available. You change between various types of clean and distorted tone by changing the settings on the amp. If you want to change between them quickly then you need to get a foot pedal, which will allow you to change between several of the tones on the amp (I believe the smallest foot controller that works with the Spider 4 series is the FBV2, which just allows you to scroll throuhg the presets in order. The FBV Express gives you a little more control and the FBV Shortboard will give you full control over which tone you're using). If you don't use a foot controller pedal then you'll need to change the tones by switching the settings on the amp with your hands, which is obviously a pain to do mid-song; getting a foot controller is advised.

With some amps and some settings you can get a cleaner tone by simply rolling down the volume knobs on your guitar. This is most commonly done with older style single-channel low-gain valve amps. This doesn't really work when using high gain, especially with modelling amps.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
If you can't afford a pedal, download the manual here:
http://line6.com/data/6/0a060b316ac34f0593324451e/application/pdf/Spider%20IV%20Advanced%20Guide%20-%20English%20(%20Rev%20A%20).pdf

In this marvelous document you will learn how to create, edit, and save presets on your amp and assign them to channels. Flip between the channels for your "clean" and "distorted" sounds

Jeez, you can even do that on a Spyder IV 15.
Last edited by jugglingfreak at Apr 2, 2012,
Quote by jugglingfreak
If you can't afford a pedal, download the manual here:
http://line6.com/data/6/0a060b316ac34f0593324451e/application/pdf/Spider%20IV%20Advanced%20Guide%20-%20English%20(%20Rev%20A%20).pdf

In this marvelous document you will learn how to create, edit, and save presets on your amp and assign them to channels. Flip between the channels for your "clean" and "distorted" sounds

Jeez, you can even do that on a Spyder IV 15.

I think he means how does he switch while playing without using his hands..
'And after a while, you can work on points for style.
Like the club tie, and the firm handshake,
A certain look in the eye and an easy smile.'

'You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to,
So that when they turn their backs on you,
You'll get the chance to put the knife in.'